Author Topic: Spell Check  (Read 7596 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Spell Check
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 03:49:05 AM »
... this is NOT a high school English class or an assignment that we have 2 turn in &  b  graded.  i assure 2 u all that i am a very capable speller. ..WARHAWK O0
Hawk - this is not aimed at you; rather at the concept in general of spelling and appropriate usage of the Queen's Tongue.   

No offense intended here either, hawk.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 03:50:51 AM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 09:38:47 AM »
Quote from: Paul link=topic=2675.msg45593#msg45593 date=1188294545
[/quote

No offense intended here either, hawk.

paul...thanks!  i shoulda none better.  NO worries.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 10:37:38 AM »
Hey Hawk ... Just make sure, in case I ever am in your hospital, that you use appropriate English when notating my chart!!  Otherwise, type away bro!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 12:31:15 PM »
Hey Hawk ... Just make sure, in case I ever am in your hospital, that you use appropriate English when notating my chart!!  Otherwise, type away bro!

;D ;D ;D  NO PROBLEM...pruitt.  i'm very particular in my charting.  if u were my patient, i'll even let u choose which time of day 4 me 2 give U your enema. :D :D :D

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

JohnMont

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 01:03:03 PM »
Hey Warhawk,

As I think (hope) I made clear in earlier posts, I am NOT offended by your 'shortcuts.'  I was just kidding around before, saying that they drove me nuts, etc.  In a way they do ; but ... It is just one of those quirky, endearing things that friends to that make them unique.  So don't change; I'd b disappointed 2  c you writing in the 'normal' way.

John

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 01:12:43 PM »
Hawk, I wouldn't worry, I think the brudda's were just "baldbusting" !
get it,  ;D

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 01:24:17 PM »
WHEW!  I sure hope you guys don't find out I compose in Microsoft Word before I paste it here!   :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 07:29:11 PM »
composing in word is always a good route, but adds a little bit more time.  I use for almost all my post the spell checker in my Google toolbar.  It is build in and all seamless with ie for for me.  I also like that it recognizes a lot of the 'new' English that has come from instant msg.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2007, 09:27:24 PM »
Hell I just spell how ever it comes out.....its a chat room.....not English 101.  Im thinking about publishing a book....and I wouldnt use spell check either.....it would be writing in my free form.....like or leave it...lol

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2008, 05:56:42 PM »
You have a tool bar 3rd party program other than your web broswer that checks spelling. On your work computer if your company is half smart they'll lock the thing down to the max to prevent you from installing items on your computer.

some companies will go the extent to have in their contract you will be fired and or charged if you do anything to disrupt the work machine.

Which is why you should run those kinds of things off a flash drive. IE: Firefox portable, Opera etc.