Author Topic: Is it the feel? the look? both?  (Read 6562 times)

Offline T

• Learning the way of Sly
Is it the feel? the look? both?
« on: September 16, 2015, 11:02:58 PM »
Newbie here. Clippers with no guard 5 weeks ago. Decided to try a razor 2 weeks ago thanks to reading so many helpful post on this site. Razor shaved 3 times since. Anyway, in the very limited time I've been sly I've noticed that I seem to have a preference for the feel of a few (2-4) days growth but the look of razor shaved. I haven't read anyone talking about such difference. Is this common or am I just an outlier? Is this something that changes over time? 

I've read a myriad of threads on this forum. There are many lurkers out there like I was at one time. Thanks for the time (and posts) you guys put in.

Thanks,

T

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Is it the feel? the look? both?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 11:52:26 PM »
I'm the exact opposite.  I don't mind how a few days' growth looks, but I much prefer the feel of a fresh shave.  Admittedly, I really like how that looks, too.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 01:14:35 AM »
I like the look and feel of new razor shave but everyne is different.  When I don't shave for a few ays I feel uncomfortable.
Roger

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 04:20:10 AM »
I really like to look of a very clean shaved head. Being BBC, the one or two day growth is very visible. I will skip one day, but don't like to skip 2 days.

I really like the feel of the super smooth right after the razor shave, and the next few hours.  The teddy bear fuzz of 2-3 days growth feels nice, too, but my preference is for super smooth and shiny. 

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 05:22:44 AM »
i much prefer to be fully smooth.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 05:35:39 AM »
I like the feel of freshly shaved. I also love the look of a shaved bald head. Being BBC and having white hair, even one day growth is noticeable. Like someone said, with 2 days growth, looks like I wet my head and dipped it in sugar.

I also enjoy the time consuming ritual of the daily safety razor shave.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 05:45:32 AM »
I am one who does not like the sand paper feeling. I rarely skip a day.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline usmcpelon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 06:57:57 AM »
I like both the feel and look of a freshly shaved bald head, and I never miss a day of shaving.  I'm a 24/7 bald by choice guy.

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 07:18:51 AM »
I'm an every other day shaver and I like the sandpaper feel I get on the off day.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline john.peachie

• A Texan working in N'Djamena, Chad
  • Sly
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 07:24:24 AM »
I'm an every other day shaver and I like the sandpaper feel I get on the off day.

Ditto!
John

The best things in life are free, that's why I'm good for nothing...

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 08:34:46 AM »
I am a daily or an every other day shaver.  I love the smooth feeling, and the look.  Guys with light color hair can normally get by with less frequent shaving and have the same look, but no the same feel.  I suggest you give daily shaving a trial and see if you don't prefer the smooth feel.  Most, but not all, sly guys want to avoid the sandpaper feel and the shadow, and achieve that with a daily shave.  Otherwise, you can just buzz at a length that has a softer feel or the length you prefer.
SlyBeard

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 04:53:42 PM »
Like many of the others, I prefer the look and feel that comes from a fresh shave. I'll occasionally let it go for a day if I don't feel like shaving but I prefer not to.
Hair is over rated.

Offline baldsurfer

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2015, 01:29:02 PM »
For the record, I'm most definitely BBC. Full head of hair - although getting to be more salt than pepper. So with that in mind...

I absolutely love the feel of a freshly shaved head. They way it feels when your head first hits a cool pillow when you go to bed. Diving into the pool right after a shave, while there's still a faint tingle on your scalp.

I also love the look when I'm freshly shaved. Not crazy about the first 2 days after I don't shave, but around day 3-4, I like the look again - longer than stubble, but still seeing scalp.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2015, 05:01:02 PM »
When I first started shaving my head, the feel of it bothered me at first.  I thought it felt like leather, so when I could feel some stubble growing, I preferred it.   That eventually changed over several months, to where the fresh shaven feel didn't bother me anymore.  I always prefer the look of clean-shaven. 

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2015, 09:12:06 PM »
I like the fresh shaved feel which I can touch my scalp without feeling any hair, and like rubbing my head all over. Don't care much about the look.