Author Topic: Just scared, need a boost  (Read 12289 times)

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
Just scared, need a boost
« on: March 27, 2015, 05:52:46 PM »
Hi there, new to the forum

I barely have any hair up top left and I just can't work up the courage to shave it completely.  I am a big man, 6'-5" tall and big, I have a big head.  One thing that scares me a lot is is I can feel a dent on the back left side of my head.  Have no clue what it's gonna look like.  I guess I'm scared because once I do it, there are no other options, I just can't grow it back.  I would like to post pics of myself and get your guyses opinions on how I may look.  But I'm on my phone and it won't attach because it's to big of a pic.  Any other way to do it.  Or is there maybe pics of other people's dents here.  Thanks, I'm 29 and I guess I'm just not ready for such a HUGE image change.  Any advice would be great

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Just scared, need a boost
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 08:00:47 PM »
Welcome to the board, sir.

You are not alone. A lot of us worried about how we would look once the razor did it's job.

As you can see from my avatar, my skull narrows abruptly and makes my head look somewhat pointed. When I saw how my head was shaped, I almost decided just to leave the horseshoe on. Then, after about two months of indecision, I figured I would go ahead with it as I really wanted to go smooth. I was surprised to discover that no one seemed to notice or care about the shape. I had to point it out to my wife, who thought I was far too self conscious.

We tend to be our own worst critics. If you want to shave, then just do it. You probably will be surprised at how much you have worried over something to which no one else pays attention.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 05:08:02 AM by Cave Dweller »
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 01:06:58 AM »
No-ones head is perfect, though I get told my head is very well shaped, though I know I have more than several scars on my head collected from 4 years old, up until now, but I never get told they notice. So don't stress about imperfections with your size you'd be too intimidating to ridicule.
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 05:14:52 AM »
I think you should just go ahead and do it. Definitely I was in your same shoes. But for my scalp psoriasis it has been the best thing I have ever done. Put some pictures on this message.

Roger
Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 05:33:17 AM »
I worried about shaving my head for quite a few years before I did it, eventually I did it as I am thinning so much I just thought it was inevitable anyway.  I'm glad I did it, and I really love the look too, it's great for my confidence too.

Everyones head is a different shape due to birth, our differences are what makes us who we are, it would be a very dull world if we all looked the same.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 08:23:57 AM »

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 08:29:56 AM »

Here's a couple pics of me, as you can see, not much upstairs these days

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 09:20:59 AM »
Well I can't see anything wrong with your head shape, looks fine to me.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline kalva76

• Sly Jr.
  • Shaved head, full beard
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 11:30:52 AM »
I agree. I don't see anything wrong either. Go for it, man.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 12:29:05 PM »
Welcome! Most men have fears when they are shaving for the first time. Maybe you could try a short haircut first and take steps toward going sly. Your headshape looks normal to me. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 01:10:30 PM »
First of all welcome to the sly fraternity.  It is natural to be scared or nervous with something new.  However, I can almost guarantee that you would rock the chrome dome. 
When that day does happen . . . you are going to say to yourself:  "Why the heck did I not do this sooner!?!  Good luck and keep us posted to your road to slyness.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 05:04:12 PM »
Your head looks fine to me.  Go ahead and try total hair removal.  I think that you will look great with a shiny bald dome.  Everyone's head has some irregularities.  Try the look and see if it works for you.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 06:29:29 PM »
If you search this site for "I wish I'd don it sooner", you'll find many posts.  Me, too. even being BBC.

Being bald is something special.  Shave your head and be that something special.  Do it with confidence.  Take the 30 day rule.  You'll be just fine.

If you need an 'excuse', do it to support someone who is dealing with cancer, then just stick with it because you like it.

Offline Contradiction

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 01:54:20 AM »
I shaved my head once when I was about 14 and I had what I felt like was a "dent" in the middle of the top of my head.  At the time I felt it was bad enough that I didn't want to shave it again.

When I was about 30 it was evident that predicted by genetics I was going to be bald someday and I tried it again.  the response was largely positive.  So much so that it aleviated most of my fears and made me feel like when the inevitable happened someday I would be ready for it.  I figured that my head looked "deformed" but I got lots of positive comments. 

On Friday I got rid of it for good.  I probably could have kept my hair for 2 more years before it no longer looked "presentable" in my eyes but I just decided it was time.  So far the response has been positive and I'm happy I did it. 

I would suggest to the OP that you give it a try and see how you feel about it and what you think of it.  You might find that people like it a lot more then you think.  And you might decide that it's better to embrace being bald then hanging on to hair that is about to be gone anyway.

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 03:24:48 PM »
I really really appreciate all your comments, I just can't get through my head for some reason, I'm single, who's gonna want a 30 year bald big guy.  It's just scary and I need to get over my own insecurities.  Just not sure how to go about it.  But all of your guyses comments truly help.

Enter your email address: