Author Topic: Head and face shave, how long?  (Read 3469 times)

Offline Bondage007

• Sly Guy in Training
Head and face shave, how long?
« on: February 28, 2015, 06:55:00 PM »
Hello,

I have been head and face shaving with a safety razor now for about 3 months now. My routine takes about 25 minutes total. Face is two passes and head is 3 with touch ups.

How long does it take you seasoned veterans? Trying to gage my progress.

Cheers
John

"When injustice becomes law rebellion becomes duty"

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
Re: Head and face shave, how long?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 07:30:10 PM »
Doesn't really take me too long, maybe 10 minutes, but im naturally quite bald, and only clean up about a full beard
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline baldOUfan

• Sly Okie
  • Sly
  • Boomer Sooner
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 08:05:10 PM »
Takes me 30 brush the shave soap on, head blade front to back and back to front, touch up with fusion and then my face with fusion.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 06:07:46 AM »
I've been practicing with a DE since about the first of this year, so not fully a veteran yet. BBC, only shave my head. Takes about 15 minutes in the shower to catch most of my head. Then I finish up with the HeadBlade for total smoothness all over.  The DE does get smoother 'in places' with each practice, but I don't have it down so that it smooth all over.  Back of the head takes longer to get smooth. 

Now, all this sounds like a lot of work, but I see it as a hybrid learning stage.  The headblade is only touching up, so I don't wear down the blades as fast! that's a savings. And I am getting faster and smoother with the DE. So I'm learning.

Guess I would say it this way. I use the DE for as long as I have time ... then switch to the headblade when I have to get going or the water meter runs out!

Offline Bondage007

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 01:41:07 PM »
So I guess the time it takes me is about right.  I do find it very relaxing also.  I shave at 5:00am in the morning before work.
 I used to hate shaving now I enjoy it and get to relax for a few precious minutes in the early morning.

Cheers
John
"When injustice becomes law rebellion becomes duty"

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 03:57:07 PM »
In my case, I take 20-30 minutes on the head (depending on growth, as I don't shave everyday) and since I'm growing a fuller beard, 5-10 minutes on the outside edges.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.