Author Topic: Please Help! Cant Figure Out How To Style My Beard This Way  (Read 3237 times)

Offline JayBJJ

• Learning the way of Sly
Please Help! Cant Figure Out How To Style My Beard This Way
« on: October 13, 2014, 07:27:28 PM »
Guys,

I've heard this style of beard being referred to as a "shadow" when my barber does it, but now im trying to get the clippers and liners together so I can start doing it myself. 

Any of you use this style that can shed some light?

Thanks!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Please Help! Cant Figure Out How To Style My Beard This Way
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 08:06:36 PM »
I asked a barber friend of mine and he says that looks like about a 2-guard. I don't trim my beard on my own, but when I shape it up, I use my DE or Andis
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 10:00:44 AM »
I think it will take a very steady hand to line it up that well.  Also, it takes a very dense beard to look full when trimmed that close.  I am not sure I would try it myself first, but maybe after a good barber had done it once to establish the lines.
SlyBeard

Offline JayBJJ

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 10:44:07 AM »
I asked a barber friend of mine and he says that looks like about a 2-guard. I don't trim my beard on my own, but when I shape it up, I use my DE or Andis

I was hoping you'd respond to this! Yea, I definitely think its a 2 Guard (or dare I say 1).  Im going to use that chalk like tool barbers use to create the line, then use liners to trace it.  After tracing it i'll "shadow" it.  At least thats what im hoping, if I can empower myself with the ability to groom my own beard then NOTHING can stand in my way lol.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 07:00:06 PM »
Glad to see you back, Jay! I have a couple of sly bowling buddies who wear something similar to the image you posted. I can ask them if they are do it yourself guys, and if so, what are their methods. Good luck with yours!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 03:30:06 PM »
Steady hand indeed!  The Fusion ProGlide has a single blade in on the back that is used for shaping.  I use that to shape the lines of my goatee when I use to have it.  It definitely does help.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"