Author Topic: Will there ever be a cure for male pattern baldness?  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Shady_725

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald rookie, Appreciating any support and tips :)
Will there ever be a cure for male pattern baldness?
« on: August 21, 2014, 06:04:44 PM »
Ive been affected from male pattern baldness since the age of 12. I have a massively receded hair line, and extremely thin hair left on top.

I was wondering if there would be a cure any time soon.

Just few days ago reports were released saying that a pill had been tested on someone with a similar condition (alopecia) and they grew back a full head of hair in a few months. This can be seen in the below link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2727233/Pill-cure-baldness-five-months-Twice-day-tablet-allows-alopecia-sufferers-hair-grow-set-standard-treatment-condition.html

If scientists have come this far, maybe they could develop this pill further to tackle male pattern baldness?

There was also something i came across called the vampire treatment. This is where they will inject blood into your head from other parts of your body and its supposed to strengthen your hair cells encouraging regrowth.

??? Who knows we might be a few months off? or maybe several years off  for a decent cure :-\

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 06:10:43 PM by Shady_725 »

Offline invaray

• Sly
Re: Will there ever be a cure for male pattern baldness?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 08:07:50 PM »
Baldness isn't something that needs to be cured. It is a secondary sex trait;

Males

In males, testosterone directly increases size and mass of muscles, vocal cords, and bones, deepening the voice, and changing the shape of the face and skeleton. Converted into DHT in the skin, it accelerates growth of androgen-responsive facial and body hair, but may slow and eventually stop the growth of head hair. Taller stature is largely a result of later puberty and slower epiphyseal fusion.

Growth of body hair, including underarm, abdominal, chest hair and pubic hair.
***** Loss of scalp hair androgenic alopecia can also occur.*****
    Greater mass of thigh muscles in front of the femur, rather than behind it as is typical in mature females
    Growth of facial hair
    Enlargement of larynx (Adam's apple) and deepening of voice[3]
    Increased stature; adult males are taller than adult females, on average
    Heavier skull and bone structure
    Increased muscle mass and strength
    Larger hands, feet and nose than women, prepubescent boys, and girls
    Larger bodies
    Square face
    Small waist, but wider than females
    Broadening of shoulders and chest; shoulders wider than hips[4]
    Increased secretions of oil and sweat glands, often causing acne and body odor[3]
    Coarsening or rigidity of skin texture due to less subcutaneous fat
    Higher waist-to-hip ratio than prepubescent or adult females or prepubescent males, on average
    Lower bodyfat percentage than prepubescent or adult females or prepubescent males, on average
    Enlargement (growth) of the penis

So no I don't need a cure its natural thing.
shine and share

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 08:35:09 AM »
In my quest to try to relax I've been working on a strategy of being here now. One could also call this living in the moment or just takin' 'er easy. Part of this is based on not concerning myself with what might happen a decade from now or a year from now or five minutes from now. In my opinion this works.
Concerning ones self with whether the scientists might come up with a magic pill to cure MPB would, for me, constitute not living in the moment.
My take on this is that you're going to cause yourself a whole lot of worry and unnecessary grief over the potential of this cure for MPB that might or might not ever take shape. Or maybe in ten years it might happen but in the meantime your innards are going to take a beating from all the concern about it.
Also, with regard to the Vampire Treatment, have you ever noticed that head wounds bleed a lot more profusely than most other superficial woulds. That's because there is tremendous blood flow to the head. Also, the blood that pumps through your feet eventually goes to the veins and capillaries in your head so that the nutrients that go to one part of the body go to all the required parts of the body. Sounds like a scam.
But what the hell, a quote attributed to P. T. Barnum but most likely spoken by banker David Hannum in response to one of Barnum's hoaxes, says it all: "There's a sucker born every minute."
That's what these quacks are counting on.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 08:52:31 AM »
I really rankle at the term "cure" being used for something that's not an affliction. Also "suffer".   :XX

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 02:51:27 PM »
OK,

Now I am ready to go at it.

If the BILLIONS of $$$$ wasted on hair crap, wigs, toupees, potions and lotions and surgeries and all the other BS was put into.... let's say.

Feeding the hungry

Ending poverty

Curing disease, real disease

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 12:41:46 AM »
OK,

Now I am ready to go at it.

If the BILLIONS of $$$$ wasted on hair crap, wigs, toupees, potions and lotions and surgeries and all the other BS was put into.... let's say.

Feeding the hungry

Ending poverty

Curing disease, real disease

O0
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 10:26:20 AM »
It all comes down to this: nobody looks food with severely thinning or receded hair.  If you find yourself in that situation, you have to shave your head. There may be a bride adjustment period afterwards but then it ceases to be an issue.

We see posts all the time from people of all ages saying they wish they'd shaved their heads sooner. Posts from people who regretted shaving their heads are practically nonexistent.

Hair is not nearly as important as you think -- even if you are only 22.  Shave it off and let it go.  You'll be amazed at how quickly it ceases to be an issue.

Enter your email address: