Author Topic: 3 days of no shaving!  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
3 days of no shaving!
« on: August 05, 2014, 08:41:35 AM »
Funny how shaving your head can become so important to daily routines! Ive had a few days off so I'm at my mothers house doing some painting, general house repairs and gardening for her. Unfortunately on arrival I noticed I forgot to pack my shaving kit. There is a small post office in this tiny middle of nowhere village but stocks of shaving stuff are nonexistent and I'm so used to shaving with the headblade that I don't want to use crappy disposable razors. Not shaving my head has been driving me nuts. Can't wait to get home tonight and get sly again. Also I'm not liking abundance of grey hair I'm seeing either! Think tonight will have to be a nice relaxing DE shave!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 09:01:18 AM by Adamski1972 »

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: 3 days of no shaving!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 09:19:34 AM »
Whoa. Three days without shaving? I bet you won't forget your gear again.

Enjoy the DE tonight, sir!
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:14:43 AM »
Funny reading your post just now. Again, I'm trying to NOT shave today. I know I can get a smoother shave by waiting a day, but I have not been able to do that lately. I've been shaving with the DE everyday for 2 weeks, and love it. If I wait til  tomorrow, I can get a real smooth shave for my Citizens Police Academy meeting. 
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline 50plus

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 05:28:28 PM »
I too have noticed a difference in how smooth I can get the shave after waiting a day or two.

By now you would of had that DE shave and I bet it was nice to have the real you back. I know what you mean by shaving with what you prefer and what works for you. I guess it's a bit like the face in that some can shave with just about anything and yet if I did that it would be a big mistake: red, itchy etc. Welcome back

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 06:02:52 PM »
I tried shaving everyday, but with 12-hour shifts, I just couldn't make it work...I have been getting shaves that last three days on average since going to DE shaving...(thanks, Warhawk!)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 06:25:46 PM »
Yeah, it sucks not being able to shave as often as you're accustomed to. I went through that while recovering from a shoulder injury a few months ago.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 04:06:07 AM »
I usually shave every other day but recently i have been alternating shaving one day with a blade, the next with my Braun. So far i like it!