Author Topic: Day 1 Down  (Read 5218 times)

Offline younglefthander

• Learning the way of Sly
Day 1 Down
« on: July 11, 2014, 07:47:33 PM »
I've been considering shaving my head for years. I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and I love it! My wife and daughter didn't seem to share my enthusiasm but it's my hair! Or it least it was!

I was tentative about whether or not I'd like the result. I went to my barber and had her shave it the first time so I got to see it in the mirror as it all came off. I loved it instantly! I'm definitely going to go 30 days and at this point I can't imagine ever going back to my horseshoe hair.

I've kept my hair really short for years (#1). I told a couple of casual friends that it was my first time shaving my head and they responded that they thought it had always been shaved!

In my opinion my face looks thinner and 10 years younger with the sly look!

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
Re: Day 1 Down
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 08:04:05 PM »
Welcome, younglefthander!

The difference between #1 and shaving really isn't that noticeable, like your friends have pointed out.  Your wife will come around, I'm sure. 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 10:00:46 PM »
Welcome and congratulations! Post a picture if you can and enjoy the forum
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 04:54:24 AM »
Slymyke makes a very good point about most people not noticing the difference between razor shaved heads and very short buzzed heads. I ta funny but I think it's only bald people that really notice.

Offline 50plus

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 12:18:46 AM »
My family didn't accept my decision at first either but it was one of those things in my life that I needed to do and others didn't come into it. How many times do we do these things just for ourselves? In time all was fine and I'm a new person. You made the right decision.

Offline rss114

• Sly
  • Finally Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 01:29:02 AM »
congrats man ill be taking the plunge going bald by choice on monday or tuesday.

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 10:32:04 AM »
Regarding switching from a close buzz (#1 or less) to a razor shave...I have had the same experience. Over the past several years, I very gradually (because I was happy at each stage along the way & like having a little stubble) went from #1 to #000000, with the #0A (2.5 days' growth) being my most recent "long" and #000000 (6 hours' growth) in the summer.  A friend commented a while ago that he couldn't remember what I looked like "before I started shaving my head", when I was at either #1 or #0A.  On occasion, when I razor shave, there are either no comments or, as my wife once said when I announced with great fanfare that "I shaved my head" (meaning razor shaved), "well you shave your head all the time." For the past two weeks, I switched from the twice weekly #000000 & have been razor shaving, on average every other day, and there has not been one comment from family or friend.  When I think that a #000000 only leaves about 6 hours' growth, it seems reasonable that other people would not really notice the difference between that and a razor shaved smooth head.  I like having stubble & I like being shaved, so I like to mix it up a bit.     

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 11:49:01 AM »
Congrats on going sly! The 30 days will pass by quickly.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 12:43:46 PM »
#1 is pretty short.  primary difference between that and shave is the feel of a smooth head. In between may feel like velcro on your T shirt. Just keep it shaved.

If family was used to #1, they will get used to shaved.  It looks really sharp.

Welcome!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 03:06:54 PM »
Welcome Leftie
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 12:35:19 PM »
welcome, Great isn't it?

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 04:46:26 PM »
Welcome.
Have a great Day.

Roger