Author Topic: 30 Day Challenge Completed -- Not Looking Back  (Read 3312 times)

Offline baldgrad

• Sly Guy in Training
30 Day Challenge Completed -- Not Looking Back
« on: June 21, 2014, 08:29:24 PM »
Well, I finally did it: I officially completed the 30 day challenge. One month ago I shaved my head to the skin, and I've kept it that way everyday or every other day since. A month ago I never would have believed I would be bald for any extended period. When I first shaved I was just seeing what it would look like; I had no intention of keeping it sly at all. After the first week I liked the look and feel, and I figured there was no harm in doing it for another week or so. That's when the sly look really started to grow on me, and I began to think this might end up being my new look.

Now, 30 days later, I can say I'm looking forward to a hairless future! Every morning I feel like I have to shave now. While I was originally going to do it every other day, I quickly realized I would only be satisfied with a completely smooth dome each morning. I'm definitely getting better at shaving it (and getting it done quicker than ever). Now that the 30 day challenge is over, I'm planning to keep shaving for at least the rest of the year (maybe longer, who knows?).

As I've made my decision to stay bald, I've been reading some of the posts on here. Thanks for all the support and great tips. I think you got another guy hooked on being sly!

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: 30 Day Challenge Completed -- Not Looking Back
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 09:16:25 PM »
Congratulations!  I, too, did not expect to keep up with shaving, but now I'm just a bit shy of 6 months and looking forward to one year of being smooth when January comes around again.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 09:44:41 PM »
That's what happens if you make it through the first 30 days. Congratulations.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 10:26:51 PM »
Congrats!   Have fun figuring out your best shave routine!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 02:12:03 AM »
That smooth feeling can be addictive.  Great to hear how well it is going for you.

Excellent avatar!
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 06:09:27 AM »
Congratulations on the 30 days...Like the new avatar!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 01:07:15 PM »
Well, I finally did it: I officially completed the 30 day challenge. One month ago I shaved my head to the skin, and I've kept it that way everyday or every other day since. A month ago I never would have believed I would be bald for any extended period. When I first shaved I was just seeing what it would look like; I had no intention of keeping it sly at all. After the first week I liked the look and feel, and I figured there was no harm in doing it for another week or so. That's when the sly look really started to grow on me, and I began to think this might end up being my new look.

Now, 30 days later, I can say I'm looking forward to a hairless future! Every morning I feel like I have to shave now. While I was originally going to do it every other day, I quickly realized I would only be satisfied with a completely smooth dome each morning. I'm definitely getting better at shaving it (and getting it done quicker than ever). Now that the 30 day challenge is over, I'm planning to keep shaving for at least the rest of the year (maybe longer, who knows?).

As I've made my decision to stay bald, I've been reading some of the posts on here. Thanks for all the support and great tips. I think you got another guy hooked on being sly!
Glad that you are loving it and not looking back.  The sly life gets better each and every day.  We hope that you can become an active member on SBGs.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline baldgrad

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 05:45:26 AM »
Thanks everyone. I'll try to post on discussions of shaving routines and help other people take the plunge to being sly.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 04:07:09 AM »
The 30 days will do it.  I've been shaving my full head of hair for 2.5 years now.  Still enjoy the smooth head. Look and feel.

There is nothing like being bald.  I did not know that this would become my new look. No plans to go back to hair.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 11:13:23 AM »
"head shaving is habit forming"  ;)

Enter your email address: