Author Topic: Odd grain pattern + BBS obsession = irritation  (Read 1795 times)

Offline DanJMag

• Sly Jr.
  • Balding sucks. Drop the 'ing' and be beautiful.
Odd grain pattern + BBS obsession = irritation
« on: May 25, 2014, 10:52:50 AM »
So, I've been DE shaving my face for a couple weeks now, and I have become very familiar with the grain pattern on my face. My standard operating procedure was one pass WTG (face and neck), one pass XTG (face - from nose to ear) and ATG (neck - South to North), and a third pass ATG (neck and face - which on my face is South to North, from jawline to hairline, direction-wise). This provided a nearly BBS shave. However, on my neck, there are patches of hair that grow sideways; so for a good ATG cut I need to shave under my chin, from the centre of my neck outwards to either side. My skin does not like being shaved that way. In fact, the only time I have ever nicked my self since starting this was doing one of those passes. Does anybody else shave in this fashion. I haven't seen it mentioned. Will this area eventually get used to being shaved in this manner? The BBS obsession compels me to shave this way, in spite of the resulting irritation. Any advice?

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
Re: Odd grain pattern + BBS obsession = irritation
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 11:11:03 AM »
For me chasing BBS on my neck has always resulted in irritation, even long before I started shaving with a blade. I have to make with the grain passes and skip the other 2 passes if I want a irritation free shave.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 12:17:17 PM »
Got to 'listen' to your skin and dont aggravate it!

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 06:36:58 PM »
ATG with a DE always results in irritation for me on parts of my neck.  The swirling hair pattern might have something to do with it.

With my Kai razor and Feather/Kai blades I don't generally have the same issue though.  Not quite sure why that is....

Enter your email address: