Author Topic: HEADSHAVE OR ... ???  (Read 1841 times)

steverson

HEADSHAVE OR ... ???
« on: May 21, 2014, 05:45:45 AM »
hi, i'm italian and i live in bergamo.
In this days i want to change radically :
short-medium hair to smooth bald.
please, tell me any advice !!!!
my friends and my parents tell me to not shave totally bald.
do u have any advice for my first headshave :
razor, headblade, ... shave cream, ... etc ...

i want to be only bald, to heal faster.
please tell me something !!!
thanks a lot,
Cristian.

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re:
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 07:37:16 AM »
Usual advice is to try a buzz cut, so you're not totally bald, but almost...that way you get an idea how you would look....and so do your family/friends....its your decision.... That's why the 30 day rule is there...to give you and everyone else, time to get used to it....I couldn't imagine myself with hair now lol

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: HEADSHAVE OR ... ???
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 08:23:49 AM »
Christian:

It is summer in Italy.  You want to do it - so go for it!  Why are you so worried?  My goodness, it is just a "haircut".  It is not like you are getting a tattoo!

If you are unsure about doing it yourself the first time, go to a good Italian barber and have him shave your head.  Then, it is easy to keep it up by simply shaving it every other day or so the same way you shave your face.

Just do it; keep it for 30 days, and then decide if you want to grow some hair back.  I think that you will be surprised at how much your friends and family will grow to accept your new style after they have 30 days to get used to it!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: HEADSHAVE OR ... ???
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 10:00:26 AM »
You have been asking this same question for over eighteen months now. If YOU want to go smooth, then grab some clippers and buzz it down, then get out whatever razor and soap/creme/gel you use on your beard, and shave with the grain of your hair. If it is not smooth enough, lather up again and shave across the grain.

If you would rather, go to a barber and have him do it. The experience can be really nice.

Then commit yourself to shaving daily for the next thirty days so you can be sure it is the look you do or do not want for yourself.

If your family or friends give you any grief, tell them to get over it. They probably will just need some time to adjust to the change. It is your hair and your head. If you like it shaved, that is really all that matters.

It is just that simple, sir.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Enter your email address: