Author Topic: My Introduction...and Listen to what I just did!  (Read 3668 times)

Offline Teege

• Learning the way of Sly
My Introduction...and Listen to what I just did!
« on: July 17, 2007, 01:59:18 PM »
Hi Guys,

I registered a name previously to introduce myself and get some guidance from you guys.  But then shortly after someone else registered a variation of my name (Cowboy) and I kind of stopped frequenting the site.  Soon after, I got my hair cut and decided to try and get some more mileage out of this longer brush cut type of look before doing anything extreme.  So I am re-registering just to tell you what I just did. =)

When I originally introduced myself, I was so depressed about my thinning hair and too make it worse I had been on minoxidil for about 2 years with little to no results.  My hair would get oily and look really thin and terrible.  My confidence was shattered.  And even then, I thought I had one of the weirdest shaped heads.  Just from holding my hands on it, I felt the contours and everything...I thought I could never pull off the look.  So many times I tried to convince myself to shave it down to a #3, and then gradually do a #2, and then a #1.  But each and everytime I chickened out.  Part of the reason was in my 22 years I've never had a shaved head before.  I was worried what close family and friends reactions would be and I was worried if once I did it that I would just have to accept my fate and get used to my last hair style.  But only recently, I started to think to myself...what if I buzzed it down and I really liked how it looked?

Then today, I had the house to myself (Recently, I quit my previous job, partly to do depression, partly due to the commuting distance among a few other things.)  I figured in this transition period, this would be the best time to give it a go.)  I stood in front of the mirror nervous with the clippers as I've done once before.  Put the #1 on, and knocked back a stiff shot of tequilia and cranked up my favourite Judas Priest record and just started given'r.  Before I knew it, I buzzed all my hair off and you know what?  I think it's my f*cken best look yet!  I feel soo liberated and relieved.  I don't think I can convey how great I feel.  I never thought the shaved head would look good on me.  NEVER.

To anyone who is thinking about going sly, or at least buzzing your head I say, do it.  You might absolutely love it!

I really can't describe how weird I thought my head was shaped, and how jealous I was when I saw guys pulling off the shaved or sly look.  I was afraid of seeing old friends I've never seen in a while, or worst yet, ex girlfriends.  Now I'm ready to go and hit the bar this weekend and feel more confident than ever.

I'm going to adjust to this, and let everyone else get used to it as well, but I believe I'll be going sly and lovin' it in the very near future.

I must say, without these forums and encouragement from people who have been in the exact position as me at one time, I don't know if I would of been able to do it.  On a daily basis, I would scour these forums and each and everytime I read a few posts, I was ready to go do it.  And finally I did, with no regrets.  Thanks everyone!

Now only if this zit on my nose would go away.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: My Introduction...and Listen to what I just did!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 03:10:45 PM »
Teege, welcome back bro!!

Congrats on your new liberation and look!!  I think you've echoed what everyone comes to find out when they shave their head when dealing with MPB.  I'm sure that your new found confidence will not only help you in your social life, but also in your work life.

Way to go bro!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 03:30:52 PM »
Good for you ...and just think all the worry you had about it before...

You like it now? Just wait till the day you try it slick and "sly"...you ain't experienced NOTHIN' yet!

Congrats though!

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 03:52:30 PM »
congrats teege...glad your liking it! if the buzzed look suits you and YOUR happy with it..keep it like that until your ready for the ultimate slickness  O0 but since your on a hiatus from work, you might want to try the total shaved look for a bit, if you dont like it, it will grow back to where your at now in no time.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 04:14:41 PM »
welcome back teege. so do you do any cowboyin'?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 04:17:42 PM »
Welcome Teege, or should I say welcome back.  Glad you're liking the buzzed look.  To echo what the other brothers have said..if you like it now, just wait till you go sly.   That was great advice from Kajun too, if you're at a #1 and have the time free, right now is the time to go sly...if you don't like it you'll be back to a #1 in a few days....but gotta warn ya...that probably isn't going to happen.  
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Itsonlyinmyhead

• When will it happen?
  • Sly
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 04:59:40 PM »
Congrats mate, it takes alot of courage to buzz your head for the first time especially when you leave it so late in life. I buzzed my head for the first time in my life about a month or 2 before my 24th birthday due to the same reason as you(the thinning hair and also Ive receeded) and I have to say its brilliant, some people arent used to it mainly because they havent got the balls to do it to themselves

Offline Teege

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 06:27:31 PM »
congrats teege...glad your liking it! if the buzzed look suits you and YOUR happy with it..keep it like that until your ready for the ultimate slickness  O0 but since your on a hiatus from work, you might want to try the total shaved look for a bit, if you dont like it, it will grow back to where your at now in no time.

Are you a salesperson by any chance?  You're doing a good job of convincing me why I should do this step now.  lol

Seriously I'm going to adjust to this look for a while.  I don't think the difference between a #1 and going sly is going to be a big deal for me now.  Not after the years of speculation and worry it took me to finally do this.

I will try and get some before and after pics as soon as I can get my hands on someone's digital camera.

It looks real bad ass, I love it.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 07:11:33 PM »
teege.... welcome back, brah.   glad that u r digging your buzzed look.  if u r feeling this good, just wait until u put a good razor on that dome!  u think u r liberated now.....man....there is NO comparison when u get it slick & smooth.  anyways....keep us posted when u decide 2 do the deed.  c ya around the forum.

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline baldchief99

• Sly Guy in Training
    • http://www.myspace.com/stevesample76
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 07:57:36 AM »
Welcome Teeje.  Congratulations on taking the leap and good luck in the future with everything.  Rock the sly.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 09:08:48 AM »
Welcome back dude.  Hopefully it all goes well for you. 
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 09:40:04 AM »
Good to have you back. Welcome.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 12:47:45 PM »
Welcome Teege, glad you decided to join us again.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Enter your email address: