Author Topic: Concentrating on building my neck  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Itsonlyinmyhead

• When will it happen?
  • Sly
Concentrating on building my neck
« on: July 08, 2007, 11:00:23 AM »
Ok at the moment Im aiming to put alot of muscle back on  as Ive lost alot of weight(almost all muscle otherwhise I would be jumping for joy) in the last year due to work taking all of my time and energy.

The Problem Ive got is making my neck bigger as it looks skinny and long(like a giraffes)

Basically can anyone give me exercise to chunk it up??

I found an article on the internet that gave this

Neck Muscle Groups:

* Rotators (responsible for rotation): Move the head from side to side, as if to look over the shoulder.
    * Flexors (responsible for flexion): Move the head down, as if to touch the chin to the chest.
    * Lateral Flexors (responsible for lateral flexion): Tilt the head to the side, as if to touch the ear to the shoulder.
    * Extensors (responsible for extension): Tilt the head backward, as if to look skyward.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par21.htm

I ask because this is one muscle group that I have no idea about

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
Re: Concentrating on building my neck
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 11:58:59 AM »
The article you linked to describes several exercises for the neck.  Personally I don't do much for my neck specifically at this time.  I have used the 4 way machine, and used a dumbbell to work the flexors and extensors in the past.  Start slow and light with whatever you do, these muscles will be very sore if you over do at the start.  Good luck.