Author Topic: My first straight razor and my "100 Face Shaves" challenge  (Read 6074 times)

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: My first straight razor and my "100 Face Shaves" challenge
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 07:09:04 AM »
Must be getting close to the 100 now, still wanting to gear more!

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 06:33:08 PM »
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't replied and that I have been away FOR SO LONG from this awesome place!
I had a very stressful relationship breakup last year and then two months later, lost my job (through no fault of my own, my boss I subcontract for lost a massive contract)

So I stopped straight razor shaving and in the end went back to cartridge!!!! Eeeeeeeek!

Everything is great now and when I look back I knew I wasn't myself, so please please forgive me. I have thrown away the cartridge razor (yuck bleh)

I got up to 47 straight razor shaves and I am so happy I have them, I am currently using a Edwin Jagger DE89 with a Barley grip handle which I am loving :)
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 06:08:30 PM »
P.s also (as you can see) I have started growing a goatee, so will hold off on the straights till that is shaped, then have a go again when it feels right. But at least I got to 47 shaves! :)
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 11:00:54 PM »
Welcome back, Crowbar! Awesome tats, BTW!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 05:09:24 AM »
Good to be back, thanks re my tattoos! :)

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2014, 05:58:14 AM »

Now up to 70. I have been alternating between using the straight and the DE89B :)
Also now I have sharpening stones and I have successfully reset the bevel on my straight razor and re sharpened it

That was nerve wracking as the razor cost heaps and I could have wrecked it. I couldn't find any one in Australia who knew anything about straight razors, so I went for it! Also I hate depending on others for things like sharpening. So I thought I have to learn sooner or later, so why not sooner..

P.s that is a jewellers loupe with 30x magnification for looking at the edge as you sharpen
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 06:01:03 AM by Crowbar »