Author Topic: Aveeno Positively Smooth Shave Gel  (Read 4243 times)

Offline Kevin G

• Sly Jr.
Aveeno Positively Smooth Shave Gel
« on: January 21, 2013, 02:37:38 AM »
I just picked up a can of Aveeno Positively Smooth Shave Gel yesterday from my local CVS due to all the positive reviews of it.  I am pretty much always on the look out for something better and I know that Aveeno has always been a good company.  I initially became aware of it because one day I was walking down the shaving section of my Wal-Mart and I saw the can sitting there.  I had seen Aveeno's Therapeutic Shave gel but never this version so I was curious.  What really peaked my interest was the claim on the can-

"This breakthrough formula with an exclusive combination of natural soy, skin-silkening soy extract, and skin conditioners has been shown to naturally minimize the reappearance of unwanted hair with continued use so you can shave less often."

Pretty strong statement but a great one for us sly guys if it is true.  Well I just had my first shave with it and it was great.  As I stated in another thread I have been having one hell of a time with a couple spots on the back of my scalp going against the grain.  I have tried a few highly rated shaving products with Shave Secret either mixed or under them and still had problems(even used a shaving brush).  Only the Nivea gel kind of helped when used with Shave Secret.

So I followed the directions, wet my head and put just a small amount in my palms.  This created a great lather.  I noticed that the lather does hang around longer then other products.  It will fade if left on for a longer period of time, but it is the best that I have used so far.  I went ATG on the sides and top with no problems.  My scalp felt nice and protected.   I moved to the back of my head and shaved WTG.   Then put some Shave Secret on the back and put more Aveeno over top of it.    Then finally for the big ATG test on the back of my head.  Much to my surprise it glided real good over the back of my head.  Did not hardly feel any grabbing at all, I was amazed.

I have used Headslick, Cremo, Bald Guyz and Nivea all with Shave Secret and none of them did what Aveeno Positively Smooth Shave Gel did for me.  This stuff is the real deal.  Also the scent is rather mild which is a plus.  If any of you were having problems like me I high recommend you give it a shot.  As far as the claim about it slowing the hair growth where you will not have to shave as much.  I will keep you posted and update this review.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
Re: Aveeno Positively Smooth Shave Gel
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 02:57:44 AM »
Thanks Kevin,

Will be interesting to hear if you think that the hair is growing back thinner or less?
Lynchy

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 03:33:27 AM »
If it does grow back slower/thinner/less is that a good thing? Not if you like shaving your head.

Offline Kevin G

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 03:45:50 AM »
If it does grow back slower/thinner/less is that a good thing? Not if you like shaving your head.

Well if you have a shadow like me I would think that it would be a great thing if it came back slower  O0.  The look and feel is more important to me then the actual act of shaving.

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 09:15:07 AM »
I may just have to try this out I have thick hair and it is hard to get rid of it sometimes so good to hear about this product O0

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 01:59:28 PM »
Thanks for the review Kevin mate  O0