Author Topic: Tabac and Arko shave soaps  (Read 2365 times)

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
Tabac and Arko shave soaps
« on: January 16, 2013, 10:18:51 PM »
Hey guys,

Hope your DE and straight shaves have been treating you well!  I'm finally running out of my ToBS Sandalwood cream (after almost a year of use from a single tub!) and I decided to read up on opinions of the best shave soaps available.  There was an overwhelming consensus that Tabac is probably in the top 5 soaps and Arko rated pretty high as well.  I was intrigued and I ordered a tub of Tabac and tacked on $6 Arko shave stick and alum block.

I know Bluebriz is a fan of Tabac as I frequently see it in his SOTDs.  What do you guys think about Tabac and/or Arko?  Also, any thoughts on an alum block?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:20:55 PM by BillOnBass »

"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
Re: Tabac and Arko shave soaps
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 02:57:57 AM »
I have used the Tabac cream which I like, but haven't used the soap ... Yet! The soap is really highly praised as you mentioned, so I'm sure it'll be good.

Arko however is great, it's one of the easiest to lather and provides some awesome lather. It's a regular in my rotation.

Hope you enjoy them both mate.
Lynchy

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:38:35 PM »
Hi Bill:  I have heard great things about Tabac and Arko.  Arko is inexpensive too.  I actually got one stick of Arko that I haven't even tried yet.

As far as an alum block... I have never used one.  Kindly post up your reviews of the Tabac and Arko soaps and also the alum block.  I am looking forward to hearing your reviews.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Lynchy_au

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 06:51:40 AM »
Hi Bill,

You won't go wrong with Arko, easy to use and a great lather.  You will hear a lot of people say that they don't like the smell etc., but make up your own mind.

I have a Tabac shave stick on the way, can't wait to try it.

Cheers,
Lynchy Snr
We're all born bald, baby.
Telly Savalas