Author Topic: Pointy, bumpy head!  (Read 23524 times)

Offline sporty88

• Learning the way of Sly
Pointy, bumpy head!
« on: January 08, 2013, 02:06:15 AM »
Hello,
I know you guys often discuss some abnormalities about head shapes and you are often or even every time very supportive to the person,
but I would like that you are as fare as possible to me.  This summer I shaved my head for the fist time and I made some photos. I've always thought
that there is something wrong with my head shape, I just didn't know how scary it was, since hair covered the spots.
Usually when persons asks about their head shape there is also some hair loss involved as well. So that is my case as well. Since I've discovered my strange head shape I became more watchful and I must say it is pretty rare to find a guy with such a head shape. However my question is what do you think about my head shape and how often you see guys with such head shapes.
I attached some photos - let me know if you can't see them, hope you don't mind me staying anonymous.
thank you

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
Re: Pointy, bumpy head!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 02:17:36 AM »
Alright bro. I'm gonna lay it to ya straight since, I don't lie to protect people's feelings. Your head is...wait for it....a normal head. I'm not seeing a problem here. It seems typical for guys to be a little hypercritical of their dome when they're not used to seeing it exposed. Just take some time to get used to it and accept it.

Hell my own head has several bumps and a really deep crease in the back. I was pretty critical about it as well. Looks like 9 miles of rough road lol. It's whatever though. I just look at as adding "character"

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 03:21:35 AM »
Welcome.

Honestly, looks like my head TBH?

I think it looks normal.

Just saying :)
Lynchy

prixmo93

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 04:01:41 AM »
Looks perfectly normal.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 04:33:37 AM »
Alright bro. I'm gonna lay it to ya straight since, I don't lie to protect people's feelings. Your head is...wait for it....a normal head. I'm not seeing a problem here. It seems typical for guys to be a little hypercritical of their dome when they're not used to seeing it exposed. Just take some time to get used to it and accept it.

Hell my own head has several bumps and a really deep crease in the back. I was pretty critical about it as well. Looks like 9 miles of rough road lol. It's whatever though. I just look at as adding "character"

+1.   Nothing to worry about here, time to move along.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline BBCnorthants

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 04:38:29 AM »
As far as I know, only people with actual disformities of the head have unusual heads. For the rest of us, our heads are perfectly normal - ie, no two heads are the same, and there isn't a head on the planet that's perfectly round or bump-free.

I don't really know what part of your head youre referring to when you talk about your strange head shape, because all I can see in your pictures is a normal head.

You're right though, it would be unusual to see another man with the same head shape as you, because as I said, no two heads are the same.

If you had worn a mask over your face for your whole life, and then took it off, you'd be concerned about your strange nose or strange lips or strange eyes... But that's because after years of having your face covered up, you'd be feeling insecure about what others think, which is natural. And it's the same with your head... You've uncovered it for all to see.

And having seen it, I can't see anything wrong with it.

There. You wanted honesty :)

Offline BBCnorthants

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 04:47:12 AM »
P.s. the guys above me on this thread - frontier guy, slynick83, lynchy, voodoo... If I was sitting in a restaurant or a bar or wherever, and any one of those guys walked in, I'd be sitting there pretending not to admire their heads, but that's exactly what I'd be doing. I'd be admiring their heads. And none of their heads are perfectly round or bump/lump free or with perfect skin colour etc etc, because nobody's head is. But they all have great looking, admirable heads - they're bald/shaved, and they have pride in their appearance.

It's not 'perfection' that matters, because perfection doesn't exist. What matters is that hopefully you'll learn to love your head, so you can enjoy the confidence having a shiny dome can give you.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 07:16:21 AM »
Welcome, Sporty.....I'm looking and all I see is....a nice looking bald head! Seriously.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline sporty88

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 07:26:36 AM »
Well guys, I have to admit it, your posts really cheered me up.
You truly are supportive  and BBCnorthants your post makes a lot of sense. I guess if you have the whole life longer hair it is kind of hard to accept yours new look especially if it is combined with emotions due to the hairloss process. However I still have some hair left, so my shaving experiment ended after one week, but I am planing to stay sly after this summer.
Thank you all again for nice comments!

Offline usmcpelon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 07:43:32 AM »
I you ask me, I looks pretty normal.  I'm not to happy with my head shape.  In the back I could use alittle more roundness but it's not flat.  However, about a year being bald and just exposing the shaved head, I said to myself, it's not to bad who care anyway. I turn head all the time and it a great feeling.  So just do what you want to do and keep it.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 08:00:42 AM »
When you shave your head, you are putting yourself out there. You are exposing it for the world to see.  Most people have heads covered with hair.. so the imperfections of their heads are hidden.  That makes shaving an act of humility.  Ironically, it is an act of humility that leads to an instant confidence that continues to grow.   (not the head-swelling, unhealthy confidence, but something that is far beyond that). 

I have never looked back and wished I had hair.  I am glad to be bald and love it.  I really have no jealousy for guys with hair... I see others with shaved heads and think how awesome they look, and I look at guys who need to shave their head and wonder how they don't get it. 

Sport, You will not be disappointed. Your head looks fine in your pics. 

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 09:19:35 AM »
Mine is just as pointy and bumpy as yours  - -Nothing wrong with it  - -Get it to shine and no one will notice the points and bumps  (that are not there) you look great.

prixmo93

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 09:40:49 AM »
When you shave your head, you are putting yourself out there. You are exposing it for the world to see.  Most people have heads covered with hair.. so the imperfections of their heads are hidden.  That makes shaving an act of humility.  Ironically, it is an act of humility that leads to an instant confidence that continues to grow.   (not the head-swelling, unhealthy confidence, but something that is far beyond that). 

I have never looked back and wished I had hair.  I am glad to be bald and love it.  I really have no jealousy for guys with hair... I see others with shaved heads and think how awesome they look, and I look at guys who need to shave their head and wonder how they don't get it. 

Sport, You will not be disappointed. Your head looks fine in your pics. 

^^^THIS

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 09:51:20 AM »
Don't be ridiculous, sporty. You're fine, and no, we're not just saying that. There really is nothing odd about how your head looks. Don't be so hung up on yourself. No one cares about the shape of your head nearly as much as you do.  O0

Look up "carlos rodriguez head" in Google images. You will feel much better.
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 01:59:01 PM »
Other than the colors of fall !  Your head looks fine.   O0 
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL