Author Topic: Head Tattoo Of A Different Kind  (Read 7753 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Head Tattoo Of A Different Kind
« on: December 09, 2012, 01:29:48 AM »
Now there is a tattoo that is supposed to look like hair folicles on a man with a full head of  hair who buzzes his head.  In this case, if the guy doing it grows out his horseshoe it will look  weird.  So he has to be comitted to the buzzed look.  I say, why not just embrace your baldness and just shave it totally?  Here is the link to the news story! 

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/considering-hair-tattoo-pros-cons-consider-commit-105022214--abc-news-health.html

Offline Scottakist

• Sly Jr.
  • Permanent Color Technician
    • Permanent Color Technicians
Re: Head Tattoo Of A Different Kind
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 08:30:46 AM »
Holy crap!
My going rate is 80.00 for the first hour and a 5.00 diminish each additional hour of sitting.
I'm in the wrong section of business.

If your not having fun... Your doing it wrong.

benlen

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 07:55:08 PM »
I say always be open minded about stuff like this, IMO.

Personally, I think this is much less extreme than having a hair transplant...

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 08:02:14 PM »
I say always be open minded about stuff like this, IMO.

Personally, I think this is much less extreme than having a hair transplant...
Very well could be, but if you wanted to go Sly ?   ::)
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 08:25:52 PM »
Think about this: even the best tattoos become less distinct with time.  Now imagine these fine dots on your head blending together into a semisolid mass.  How natural would that look?

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »
would these tattoos get that greenish tinge over time too?  Imagine a head of solid greenish blah....

benlen

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 10:10:26 PM »
I'd be less concerned with the tattoo turning green or blurring and more interested in how an senior aged man who got the procedure done when he was young would look with this tattoo later in life...if an old man had a perfect hairline with a shaved head at sixty, seventy, or eighty would appear strange. 

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 09:52:28 AM »
No matter which way you look at it, it's pretty ridiculous.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 01:55:48 PM »
Sun makes tattoos go bad. So they'd want to make sure to use plenty of sunscreen!
Lynchy

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 03:37:47 PM »
Let's imagine the ink didn't blur or change color.  Then Ben is right: as the guy aged, he'd have a perfect hairline with a consistently even black / dark color.  That would be a dead giveaway that it wasn't natural.

marty22

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 04:49:23 PM »
Wrong approach for a few reasons: 1-what happens when u get older? 2-if u let your hair grow-say-one week-doesn't it look silly? and 3-what happens whne the rest of your hair turns white or gray with all the black? 4-the front of the hairline doesn't look natural.

Oh well. It's their money.

Offline leighmundo40

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 01:26:38 AM »
It's being promoted here in the UK by a Celebatory hairdresser. Some actually look quite good, others look like someone has coloured their head in with a magic marker!

I agree about the getting older thing, will look really odd on a 60 70 year old. And it is not as if they can have it wiped off and start again (unless it IS a magic marker!)

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 07:10:01 AM »
It's being promoted here in the UK by a Celebatory hairdresser. Some actually look quite good, others look like someone has coloured their head in with a magic marker!

I agree about the getting older thing, will look really odd on a 60 70 year old. And it is not as if they can have it wiped off and start again (unless it IS a magic marker!)

Leigh, Maybe you are on to something with the magic marker idea.... we could try different colors and designs.. thick hair strands, thin.. two-tone or multi-color...   hmmmmmm.  Who want't to try it first?    ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:12:35 AM by slymyke »

Offline leighmundo40

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 11:12:23 AM »
LOL, need to make sure they arent permenant markers first! I fancy curls, so I could just squiggle all over me head!

Offline DaCentaur

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 11:23:17 AM »
I had this done at Good Look Ink and it looks great with 0 detection so far.  Yes you have to keep it buzzed at 0 guard and I still have alot of hair left which helps with the texture especially if someone does rub your head.  I did alot of research before taking the plunge.  I wore a system for 17 years previously and was confronted with another military deployment and having to take it off.  So I did this first.  Not worried about it turning green or bleeding together.  The ink they use these days does not turn green and your scalp is totally different when it comes to skin sagging.  Yes you do need to take good care of it with sunscreen but so do peeps without the micro pigmentation.  Plus it is not that big of a deal to get it touched up.  This is also the case with blending in some silver which should not be a problem either.  It looks more like the follicle and the follicle isnt grey.  Mine is very light because of my light hair color.  Which is really the only thing I dont like about it.  I was hoping it would look bolder than it does but they actually replicated what a natural buzz look would be for me.  I simply did not want the completely slick shiny look.  It has been a year now and I am back home but to tell the truth I have been contemplating going back to a system.  I just miss my hair and the more youthful appearance.  I am 47 and was mistaken for 30's all the time.  I know it is the vainity I am dealing with and I want so much to rid myself of it.  Because overall I love the fact that it now only takes me 5 minutes to get ready instead of an hour, and my wallet is fatter.  I just spilled out all of this on the "on the fence" section.  My wife says it doesnt matter to her but I guess I am shallow because I prefer her to have hair and so I think she would think the same.  My kids want it back.  And if I did have to go back overseas I could easily shave it off again. But like I said now when I jump in and get out of the pool I dont even think of my hair and what it looks like.  And it is awesome to ride with the windows down as well.  I  know the advantages out weigh the enslavement of the hairpiece.  Sorry for the long post.  Appreciate all comments and advice.