Author Topic: My Head Shape Is Out Of Whack!  (Read 18872 times)

Offline StrengthBeyondStrength

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Be there no question of certain strengths.
My Head Shape Is Out Of Whack!
« on: December 03, 2012, 09:41:35 PM »
Hello everyone, about two months ago I went and buzzed my hair from extremely long to extremely short, not quite bald but almost there. The reason I can't go completely bald is because I am 17 and when I was about 6 months old I had a bunch of vaccines pumped into me causing severe weakness in my immune system. This caused me to get large breakouts in my face, leaving large pock marks and such during my teenage years. I eat very healthy organic and gluten free foods in order to reduce my acne. Unfortunately, the acne does spread to my scalp and hinders me from taking a razor and shaving it.

I am definitely liking the look except I have bone to pick with my head shape. My forehead does not go straight up, it's sloped and therefore my head kinda looks weird from the side. Maybe its me who just thinks this but its as if my head is detached from my face. I know it's stupid to think about things like this but it really concerns me. Some days I feel high and mighty, filled with confidence with my head, and other days I don't. Can I get your opinions on what you think of the shape of my head.

Here are some pictures of my head.

Thanks!

Be there no question of certain strengths. Know
This intention. Forever stronger than all.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
Re: My Head Shape Is Out Of Whack!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 09:46:24 PM »
son your head looks fine.   O0  Welcome !
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 06:06:19 PM by switchblade »
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 11:52:48 PM »
I think you and I have a very similar head shape, and I love my head shape. I think you look great, it is a pity about your breakout problem because I think you would look awesome completely sly and would love it!

I've even been told by people I've got the "perfect" head shape, I think that everyone has the "perfect head shape personally, just just have to shave their hair off to see it  O0 because as FG says, 'I've never seen a person that doesn't look good sly', or something along those lines
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 11:55:07 PM by Beardman »

Andrei

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 12:26:57 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
The buzz cut looks great.
Even if you are very critic with yourself, still you should not say that there's something wrong with your head shape because it's not.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:35:23 AM by Andrei »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 01:26:54 AM »
You're head shape looks great!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 02:52:40 AM »
There is nothing wrong with the shape of your head. Looks fine to me.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 06:06:23 AM »
Welcome SBS,

As is usually the case, I studied your photos before reading your message so I wouldn't be biased by what you wrote.

As the others wrote above, there's nothing wrong with your head shape. Perfectly normal and you should hold it high with pride.

Again, welcome.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline StrengthBeyondStrength

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Be there no question of certain strengths.
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 08:45:50 AM »
Thanks a lot everyone for the nice warm welcome. I appreciate the kind words from you all. I guess I should be happy with what I have, which should be a given. I'm happy to say that I am happy with my head shape! O0
Be there no question of certain strengths. Know
This intention. Forever stronger than all.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 09:17:23 AM »
Good to hear you are happy with your head shape.  No two are exactly the same, so when we think our "head is out of whack", it is usually on the  inside.  The guys on this forum really do a great job of reminding each other of this, and offering kind words of affirmation and support. 

Welcome!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 12:01:59 AM »
Thanks a lot everyone for the nice warm welcome. I appreciate the kind words from you all. I guess I should be happy with what I have, which should be a given. I'm happy to say that I am happy with my head shape! O0

That's good news, glad we could help!

Offline NESTYdPOGI

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 12:14:28 AM »
You look awesome man!!! I don't see any problem with the profile pictures you posted  O0 O0

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 09:50:25 PM »
I will be honest with you here..... There is not a thing wrong with the shape of your head!
Lynchy

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 02:24:12 AM »
There is nothing even remotely unusual about your head shape.  The skull is not a bowling ball and every skull has imperfections that will show up if you study it closely enough, so you are probably just finding those kinds of things.  A forehead would look weird if it went straight up without a slope.  For the record, I am not doing that dishonest supportive "oh your look fine" crap people often often do.  Just accept what I said because I want to move on to the other issue that actually is a problem.

I do not have immune system issues, but I do have issues with acne and I'm friggin' 38 years old (oh yea "It's a teenage thing!"  whatever!)  History nutshell: I generally had a buzzcut until I started shaving permanently at 25 (dear god that was nearly 14 years ago and yes I have been having mid-life crisis flare-ups lately).  In my late teens I would often think I had ticks on my scalp but it always turned out to be sore acne pustules.  When I had hair the broken zips would weep puss and make dried up crusts in my hair.

Shaving my head significantly reduced the severity of those zits and their sensitivity, but head shaving substantially increased the acne's appearance to others since it was no longer hidden by hair.  I also have severe dandruff and I believe the shaving process allows the skin to be cleaner since it scrapes away the dead outer layer of skin.  If I forgo shaving for a couple days my breakouts get worse, and if my skin gets moist I can scrape my fingernails over my head and dig up a crazy amount of dead skin.  Unfortunately you cannot simulate the benefits of shaving by buzzing your hair.  If you want those benefits you have to shave it to the skin and deal with the visual consequences.  Sorry!

One thing that I noticed that increased the severity of the breakouts was stress.  I don't know if stress itself increased the breakouts or if a change in activity due to stress caused the breakouts, but I've always noticed they were worse when I was stressed.  A decade ago I was working 7 days a week, but one day I was off so I hung out with friends and even they commented on the severity of my scalp's breakout.

Something that seemed to help my scalp was when I moved from a house with well water to one with chlorinated city water.  Since the purpose of chlorine is to kill microbes it seems plausible that a nightly soaking in chlorinated water helps reduce acne flareups.

The next thing I noticed is the main thing: diet.  I avoid organic whenever possible for various reasons (organic needlessly increases the cost of food due to hype and disingenuous marketing-by-scaremongering), but 8 years ago I substantially changed my diet from 90% junk food to 90% food of nutritional value because I wanted to lose weight, and my acne dropped to nill during that time.  I think my biggest trigger is soda, and I've resumed drinking that stuff with a vengeance, and now have far more acne than during my water, chicken, and salad days.  For me it really seems like the more of that stuff I drink the more acne I have.  I apparently just don't care about the acne because it does not affect what I drink!  You might have a placebo effect going on, but the truth is that junk food with the organic label on the box it is still nothing but junk food.  There just isn't a way out of the fact that a human being must suffer and eat bad tasting food once in a while.   ;)  As for the gluten-free aspect of your diet I have no experience with that at all.

I also try to keep my head well-cleaned.  If your immune system is compromised then this might help you too.  I get these acne washes with sand-like granules in them that really seem to scrub the skin well. 
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 11:05:20 PM »
Great post Rusty,

Stress is a huge factor in our general well-being - and it can make itself known in lots of different ways from skin breakouts (mine appears as rosacea) to hair thinning/loss to internal disorders and, of course, emotional distress. Focusing on ways to ease stress may be very helpful but you may need to try a variety of methods to determine which one(s) work for you.

Poor diet can be very stress-inducing as well. In the same way you need to find the mix of proteins/carbs/fats which work for you, and the best sources of those (organic, non-organic, synthetic, etc.).

It's great that you are making changes. Continue until you get the various kinks worked out.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »
Welcome and good luck with whatever you decide.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.