Author Topic: Grey Chest hair  (Read 22729 times)

isleepinthebuff

Grey Chest hair
« on: November 20, 2012, 11:22:26 AM »
I like having a hairy chest, it's part of who I am but it's going grey and those grey hairs are longer, more curly and go in a complete different direction!!

It's not good! I may end up sly on the chest! :'(

Sorry just had to get that off my (grey) chest. You can go about your business now!

Offline leighmundo40

• Super Sly
Re: Grey Chest hair
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 11:56:02 AM »
I too have noticed that about myself! I have trimmed and once I used some "Just For Men" on my chest rug..worked ok, but then as the weeks went by the dyed grey hairs started to go a bit gingery!

No grey "downstairs hair" yet though!

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 12:19:51 PM »
I like having a hairy chest, it's part of who I am but it's going grey and those grey hairs are longer, more curly and go in a complete different direction!!

It's not good! I may end up sly on the chest! :'(

Sorry just had to get that off my (grey) chest. You can go about your business now!

So that explains why you put a shirt on in the latest pic!   lol                   

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 12:23:30 PM »
@isleepinthebuff

Whiner, I'd settle for any chest hair.  :'(

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 01:08:07 PM »
I stand corrected! :x!

Offline StumpyDave

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 06:05:09 AM »
I think taking all of my body hair into consideration, and the stuff that I rinse out of my razor, I can manage 50 shades of grey

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 06:36:30 AM »
I think taking all of my body hair into consideration, and the stuff that I rinse out of my razor, I can manage 50 shades of grey

Ha, ha . . . cheeky  ^-^

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Doctor X

• Sly Jr.
  • BBC: Because Sly is WAY better than bad hair.
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 10:57:32 AM »
I've noticed some gray hairs there myself this year. I find they're less noticeable if I trim the chest hair a bit shorter. They're most noticeable in direct sunlight.

Offline jimbo48

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 06:21:43 PM »
At 64, my chest hair remains brown.  The only change I have noticed over the past few years is that there is a whole lot more hair than there used to be.

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 09:30:42 PM »
I have noticed a product called Gray Defence or Grey Defense being sold online. I also read L'Oreal is putting money into research to market a product/supplement to prevent or reverse all gray hair. Im hearing ads for Gray Defense on SIrious XM satellite radio lately. There is alot of info online about it and testimonials. SOmething to do with hydrogen peroxide I think. Might be worth checking out as the next big thing.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 01:33:46 PM »
I don't think I would do anything to treat it. Just trim a bit shorter like I have been doing!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 06:18:14 PM »
Well, I am kind of morphing into a Sly version of Santa.  I am 51 but my eyebrows are turning grey.  But I have had some kind of  grey hair most of my adult life.  The first grey that I saw was on my wrist when I was 19.  Then in my 20's I saw one on my tummy.  But in my 30's my chin started to grey.  In my 40's, the  rest of my beard went grey.  It was at that time that my chest hair started to go grey.  So now there is a sizeable patch on my chest.  I have to admit that I wish my eyebrows had not gone grey as I would have liked to color my facial hair like I used to be able to.  But I kind of thought it would look weird to dye the beard when it is not advisable  to dye the brows.  So now I am embracing that fact that I will probably probably make a good  Santa.  I am sure Santa has grey chest hair!

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 02:54:52 PM »
Good question here- wish I had more to begin with

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 10:12:02 AM »
Without meaning to, I found an alternate solution. Some years ago I acquired a very large eagle tattoo on my chest. It is, as all my tats are, worked in black, gray and shading. Goes from shoulder peak to shoulder peak (32 ") and to just above my navel. Of course, I had to shave the whole area during the time it took to apply and afterward, I just let the hair grow back. At my advancing years  it was all gray and some white and a very little dark brown and it just seemed to fit in. Occasionally when it looks as if I've replaced the feathers with fur I trot out my manscaper and do some trimming but, in the main, no one can tell. Also, since I'm hardly at "kid" at 72, this acquisition of skin art is the larger topic of conversation. The issue of fur colour has never come up. Of course, should it, I would be only to happy to reveal that my eagle could be sheered.....

Rob50

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2015, 01:12:24 PM »
Hey guys...I wouldn't worry about the grey.  It bothered me at one time too but when I see how many other guys my age and older have it also it doesn't bother me much.  It's not an old man image it's a mature man image.