Author Topic: Preparing for First winter as Sly  (Read 2519 times)

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
Preparing for First winter as Sly
« on: October 16, 2012, 07:20:20 PM »
Having gone sly last April I am heading into the fall and winter in the Northeast. I rarely wore a hat unless it was really cold when I had a full head of thick hair. Does anyone have an advice on hats and styles that work best for a BBC guy like me. Thanks

theman

Re: Preparing for First winter as Sly
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 07:30:31 PM »
Having gone sly last April I am heading into the fall and winter in the Northeast. I rarely wore a hat unless it was really cold when I had a full head of thick hair. Does anyone have an advice on hats and styles that work best for a BBC guy like me. Thanks
  Depending on where you live, where your going.  Always  ;) carry a stocking cap, beenie, and a peter heater, and match's to start a fire.  And then it is Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome.. 

You lose alot of heat out of the old scull cap.  And ears, not that you want to hear what some have to say.   ;D  But they look good !  Dress in layers, always have extra.  But better to have than not to have.  Safety gear in the trunk etc..

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 05:13:39 AM »
These should do the trick, lol

For me though, I'd wear this

Slynito

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 02:41:43 PM »
All are excellent suggestions...you'll see/feel that most body heat is lost outcher gourd. Good luck!

Offline savellij1

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Around May of 2012 I believe.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 06:58:15 AM »
Sadly, I can't wear hats that are wool, or contain any wool.  It will cause my skin to turn red and... well get pretty bad.  Especially if you have sensitive skin, don't use wool. 

I personally wear skullcaps/beanies that are lined in polyester or cotton: I have found that Dickies makes decent hats that only cost 10 USD at places such as Meijer.  Walmart is probably a good place too.  I believe the head blade hats are cotton and polyester as well, plus they show you have nothing but pride!