Author Topic: Sly Bald Girl!  (Read 10480 times)

Offline karissaelaine

• Sly Guy in Training
Sly Bald Girl!
« on: August 23, 2012, 04:40:59 AM »
My name is Karissa and I am 18 years old.

It all started last January (2011). I had beautiful red hair past my shoulders, and I damaged it with chemicals. That is when the clippers made their first appearance (1/2"). By the time my hair was getting some length on it, the clippers came back out around July (2011). I decided to let my hair grow at this point  :/O By November, I was at it again, this time, I went all the way. I was so happy with my new shiny head, until people started to put me down. It rough being a girl without hair and having no "real reason" to get rid of it. After this negative experience, I let my hair grow until early August (2012). At this point my hair was about 6" long and pink, but i needed a change and out came the clippers. It started at an inch, after a few days, 1/2", until today when I opened a pack of brand new razors and lathered up! :)
I am going to follow the 30 day rule this time. I know that even if I don't maintain my shaven head long term, it will be an experience that I will never forget. I am so thankful I found this forum, it has helped me so much as I begin this journey!

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
Re: Sly Bald Girl!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 04:54:48 AM »
Welcome Karissa! Glad you found us. The Sly look suits you just fine. O0
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline karissaelaine

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 04:59:45 AM »
Thank you. I am working on getting a bit of a tan going so I dont have that dreaded line. But so far so good  O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 05:19:39 AM »
Welcome Karissa!

Nice intro. I'm sitting here with my wife and we both agree that you are absolutely beautiful. I'd love to see some photos of your tattoos too. My wife and I are both tattooed. I have two half sleeves and a small piece of flash ( a dedication to my wife).

My wife has a rather large tattoo of an angel and three doves on her back.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline baldOUfan

• Sly Okie
  • Sly
  • Boomer Sooner
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 05:26:10 AM »
you look good bald nice tats btw, I have 4 and want more.

Offline KDusk

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 05:27:15 AM »
Hey Karissa! Welcome to SBG!

Wow, what a bold move of you! I love how you just say 'Yeah, I damaged my hair, so I decided to shave it all off.' And let me add you carry the sly look very well. I don't mind the 'dreaded line' on you at all (but I understand why you'd like to get rid of it).

Just keep up the 30 days and don't fret too much on what other people say or think. In a lot of cases, shaving a head is just an extension of your personality. I guess after dyeing your hair pink, your friends probably know you have a bold personality and they'll be accustomed to your shiny head in no time (you probably had the same reactions every time you dyed your hair a new colour).

And please share your experiences with us in the other threads!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 06:32:50 AM »
Karissa,

Welcome!  You look great.  Just be careful as you try to get rid of the line - your scalp will be sensitive to the sun and you won't want to get a burn. 

As to the naysayers, let them be.  Someone will always have a negative comment about something.  It's just not worth worrying about.  If you like the sly look (and there's no reason you shouldn't!), that's what matters.

Keep us posted.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 06:57:42 AM »
Welcome Karissa!

You look great sly, I've always been a fan of a girl that can pull of a buzz cut with pride, but you are the first girl I've seen go full sly. I and many of the guys, have felt it was a pretty tough call for us, I can't imagine how it was for you, and the amount of BS you must get... and I am sorry to hear that you do, humans can be such horrible creatures!

You will find all the help and support you need to make it through the 30 days and well into the future if that is what you desire. But I am sure you already have worked that out, stay strong sister!

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 07:11:03 AM »
Welcome Karissa! Enjoy the site and post up often. It will be nice to have a female perspective on the boards.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 07:47:45 AM »
Welcome, Karissa! May I say that you wear it well....Nice to have someone from the fairer sex who's sly and not ashamed about it....We have your back, enjoy and post often!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Slynito

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 08:22:01 AM »
Welcome Karissa to the forum...enjoy. You are as courageous as you are beautiful. I feel you are telling your peers, friends and family that you secure, proud and are a confident woman. Best of luck!

O0

Offline karissaelaine

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 12:26:21 PM »
Thank ou everyone for being so... Nice. It's not something you find often when you join a forum. My boyfriend, who I live with, is very supportive. That is until the lights are out and we are intimate and he touchs my head. Honestly though, it was pretty funny, not something to be upset about. On another note, my dad sent me a text last night saying "night baldy, love you" and then went on to tell me tht we match now and to make sure my head doesn't get burnt  :) So far, everyone has been great. I posted a picture on Facebook where I got a lot of positive responses. I'm not sure what changed between last November and now, but I'm not complaining  O0

Also, I will post a picture or two of my tattoo when I get the chance, as I'm typing from my phone currently.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 12:35:34 PM »
hello and welcome.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 12:49:10 PM »
...I'm typing from my phone currently.

If you don't know already, this forum supports Tapatalk. It's a great little app for interacting with this forum. It's worth the few bucks, IMO.

Tapatalk

Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Free at Last

• Head up Eye to Eye
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 01:12:48 PM »
 Nice Job Karissa...!

Have fun with the 30 day rule.
 Wisdom only comes from true life experience ....

Your very fortunate to have such an understanding at a very
young age.
The Truth Shall Set You Free