Author Topic: People and comments  (Read 6061 times)

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
People and comments
« on: July 23, 2012, 11:21:37 PM »
Hi Guys !I noticed that some people (in my life )think that they are helping with their comments but they are doing just the opposite for example one one lady asked me why am i grieving and shaving head ,then on other occasion my aunt told me the same-his is started to be annoying so you see guys here is not a problem of skinhead image just the opposite- somebody thinks that he have a right to tell me who i am through the way i look ,it's a shame how people can be shallow like a shallow plate ....

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: People and comments
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 02:35:28 AM »
It happens. Some people just don't have the common sense and good manners to mind their own business.

You just need to have the confidence in yourself and your decision (as we all do) to ignore them. Wear the shaved look proudly and with confidence and move forward. Work on that and the comments will be fewer. They will also be less as more people become accustomed to the "new and improved" you.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 05:56:04 AM »
Human nature. People just can't mind their own business.

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: Re: People and comments
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 05:59:21 AM »
Human nature. People just can't mind their own business.
This^^^^curiosity killed the cat...ijs

Cheers,
Ro

Andrei

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 02:13:26 AM »
People always commented and will continue to do so.
Being a new head shaver makes the comments related to the subject to have a greater impact, but time helps.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 03:56:49 AM »
I welcome dumb ass comments; it gives me a chance to reply with an equally stupid comment.  Some people have got the mentality of an imbecile when it comes to making remarks about hair, or the lack thereof.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 04:11:47 AM »
Wonderer....When I weighed 234 pounds, (I weigh 212 now), I used to get jokes all the time such as "When you're expecting?" and "Someone had too many beers". As tempting as it is to get defensive, it's better to just smile and say "Thanks for your concern, but I'm good".....As for smart comments, I'll say it once and I'll say it again "Don't entertain stupidity, let stupidity entertain you!" Stay strong!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 04:36:45 AM »
Wise comments guys  ;) ,thank you all ...but there is something  that affect me in a deeper level - i can't understand how somebody can do something to me that i would never done to anyone- like judge somebody just and only by his look or style (haircut)and truth is that i enjoy being free of hair and scalp dermatitis and jet somebody think that he "know the meaning of my choice for haircut style "in this case sly bald and proud style  O0  --How rude of them  :/O  ???

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 09:55:13 AM »
Human Beings have always and will always "judge books by their covers". It's wrong and a deep character flaw of the human race. 

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 10:19:50 AM »
I usually do one of things.

1) Just simply say, "I like being bald. No combs, no shampoo, no hair dryers. I just buff and go." This usually shuts them up.
2) I just stare at them with a look that says "Really? You think that's clever?". There is then usually an uncomfortable silence on their part.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 09:17:05 PM »
Well said guys.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 09:23:32 PM »
I usually do one of things.

1) Just simply say, "I like being bald. No combs, no shampoo, no hair dryers. I just buff and go." This usually shuts them up.
2) I just stare at them with a look that says "Really? You think that's clever?". There is then usually an uncomfortable silence on their part.

Option two is usually effective. It can be fun watching them squirm!
Hair is over rated.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 09:22:07 PM »
As long as you know yourself and stand by what you believe in and do no harm against others, you are the better man.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 10:10:35 PM »
you shall never care about the others. if you do, you reach their goals, not yours.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 11:39:27 PM »
Hank you guys again ,very useful comments -Paul -man deep,wise stuff I like it this will be my goal from now  O0 !