Author Topic: Sly Guy Hopeful  (Read 12700 times)

Offline Extol

• Sly Jr.
Re: Sly Guy Hopeful
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 11:59:29 PM »
Jeez! I didn't expect such a quick response. Guess I should have. :)

I like everything everyone has said so far (hello to all of you! too many to name individually! :))

I went and got my hair cut today. I don't think I look too bad, head isn't horribly misshapen, and I seem to only have a couple pesky moles that are tiny... but what's this I hear about burning them off? Is it expensive?

Well, here's the pics:

http://s11.postimage.org/oay54rw76/IMAG0027.jpg

http://s15.postimage.org/z69l4gem2/IMAG0025.jpg

http://s15.postimage.org/8jx4fhaey/IMAG0023.jpg
(^ I don't think I ever realized how thin it was on top!)

My only concern is I seem to have a weird sort of ridge/bump on the very top of my head. You can see it in picture #2 and slightly in #1. I don't know if it is normal or what, or if I am exaggerating it in my own mind lol.

Anywho, I showed my friend's dad today (as he was rocking the horseshoe) the HeadBlade. He usually doesn't bother shaving his head, but when he saw how easy the HeadBlade was he ordered it on the spot. I thought that was pretty neat.

But yeah, it's late here, I haven't thought of anymore questions to ask (yet) but I'll check back tomorrow. :) thanks again for the great responses guys. I don't think you all realize how helpful this forum is to many many people.

Offline wonderer

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 01:02:58 AM »
EXTOL---- man you must be joking right   :/O  a "bump"on your head i don't see any and i have two big scars on the back of my head and still i get to shave and not make a"blood bath  ;D     p.s. man you don have a bump you will look jut fine    O0

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 01:50:01 AM »
I don't see any bump either mate. There is nothing wrong with a bump or anything like that anyway, I think it just adds character  ;D

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 02:26:04 AM »
I looked at the photos before I read the rest of your message about "the bump."

My first reaction when looking at the pics was that you've got a perfect head for going Sly. Then, after reading your message, I went back at the photos again.

Sorry ... I don't see anything that should give you a moment's concern.

You've got a skull that's going to look great and be easy to maintain.

Enter the World of Sly.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 07:48:13 AM by FrontierGuy »
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 06:46:08 AM »
Bumps, ridges, scars, knots, moles....whatever...those are the very things that make our heads uniquely ours....trust me we've heard it all before....you're running out of excuses! Just kidding, but what have you got to lose by going sly?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 08:32:56 AM »
Go for it all the way - - -It is a wonderful being shaved bald and the look is "IN"

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 10:33:20 AM »
and I seem to only have a couple pesky moles that are tiny... but what's this I hear about burning them off? Is it expensive?

Welcome to SBG forum.

If you live in the UK, removing the moles should be free with the NHS.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 11:06:24 AM »
Hey there again Extol

Some cool replies here...don't give the contour of your head a second thought, it will work out fine, you will see.

From an aesthetic point of view my moles were a slight obstacle initially but I quickly learned that moles are cheap, quick and painless to burn off.

The link to the HeadBlade clip that Mr Jules posted is certainly worth a click.

Enjoy the journey, once you take it all off... ;D

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:04:39 AM by waine »
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline JasonR

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 11:27:42 AM »
I think you'll look 10x better SLY. Shave it off.

As far as a bump or ridge...I don't think you've got anything to worry about. I've got a slight ridge/bump in my head. David Beckham does too (as do many other male stars).

Accept it, embrace, and others will as well.  O0

Offline Extol

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 12:53:39 PM »
Yeah I guess you guys are right. I might be exaggerating it in my own mind and it probably isn't as bad as I think it is.

In any case, I am unemployed. Do you think being sly will hinder my chances on getting a job? A lot of people in this world are pretty biased and for no reason at all.

Also, I looked into the moles thing. You can actually get them removed for under a hundred bucks, so I'm pretty stoked at that.

I had a question about sunblock and such. If I wear sunblock and were sly, I am thinking my head would be unable to tan with the rest of my body... or am I inaccurate in that assumption? I saw HeadBlade makes a sunscreen, but I was wondering what you fellas use. I live in Georgia, so it is hot as hell here. I used to live in NY so it is quite killer. :p I know for the winter time I will probably look into a beanie, but for now I would like my head to tan with the rest of my body haha.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 01:01:11 PM »
Easy questions, easy answers.

Job-wise, I don't think that's an issue. They're hiring for skills. Dress and act appropriately, enjoy your elevated sense of self-confidence and all should go fine. There have been many threads on this issue lately and I don't recall any of them indicating there had been a drawback at an interview.

Sunblock/sunscreen. Central Florida reporting here, so I know what you mean. I just use Coppertone the same as I use for my face and arms, etc. When I initially shaved I made it a point to spend about 20 minutes outside in the morning and late afternoon to allow some color to develop. Didn't take long for things to match up.

I dunno ... new Sly hairstyle, maybe new pants/shirt for interviewing, new job ... new life. Could be awesome!

Best to you.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

marty22

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 05:32:17 PM »
time 2 shave it off!

Offline bigstosh

• Sly
  • Proudly bald since May 18, 2012
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 05:58:18 PM »
Your head looks fine to me.  I say, go for it!
Stan

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2012, 08:51:38 PM »
Let me say that from the pics you shared, your head is ripe for the picking...I mean shaving. You have nothing to worry about. It will all turn out for the better. Trust us.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Extol

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2012, 10:28:01 PM »
Thanks for the continued responses guys. :)

I ordered a HeadBlade Sport, the matte, and HeadSlick.

Enter your email address: