Author Topic: confidence i never knew i had.  (Read 6014 times)

Offline palmerproject

• Sly
  • been shaving since 5-14-2012
confidence i never knew i had.
« on: May 29, 2012, 07:40:05 PM »
hey guys,
so today is day 15 for me and i gotta say i still LOVE IT. O0
my exprience so far with the sly life has been that it really is so much more then a haircut. let me kinda tell you some of my back story. before i started shaving i was always the guy who wore a hat EVERYWHERE  i went. i also was kinda the shy, no confidence type of person. i do not mean to make this sound like a "poor me" story but i really never thought of myself as an attractive guy (before i go on i should probley clear up that i am BBC). then i shaved my head for charity and i remember going out and running some errands after that. i thought i would be uncomfortable because something that i had always used to hide from the world was gone and since i refused to bring a hat to the shaving i was forcing myself to come out from hiding. so when i went out to run some errands, go to a party, all that type of stuff that night, i was very surprised at how confident i felt, i felt confident and strong and like a man facing the world instaed of a little boy hiding from it. so as time went by the hair grew back out and the hat went back on and the hiding began all over again, once i realized that i decided that the time to begin the 30 day rule had come. now 15 days in, not 15 days into the 30 day challenge. but 15 days into the rest of my life. i have gotten mixed reactions from people. mostly positive, and the ones that do not like will eventually get used to it. i have never felt this confident. i dont understand how this works (especially for a BBC), but i do understand that when i look in the mirror now i see a strong man ready to take on whatever life throws his way.

another advanatge, i save so much more money cause i dont wear hats anymore.  8)

sly for life!!!

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: confidence i never knew i had.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 07:49:36 PM »
I'm really pleased for you ... you've found your way. And thanks for sharing the experience with us - it's been motivating to see your posts and how you've magnificently dealt with whatever obstacle appeared. You absolutely should be confident, AND proud of what you have accomplished!
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 08:08:28 PM »
Well said Palmer. i too get an extra boost of confidence everytime I am shaved smooth. We should be called CBBC - Confident Bald By Choice..hehe  ;)
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 08:39:27 PM »
Hey Palmer:

I am very glad 2 hear that U are enjoying your chrome dome.  IMO... the sly life gets better each and every day. O:O 8)

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline palmerproject

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »
Well said Palmer. i too get an extra boost of confidence everytime I am shaved smooth. We should be called CBBC - Confident Bald By Choice..hehe  ;)
totally agree withthat. we should start that as a new label hahaha
sly for life!!!

Offline palmerproject

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 09:20:22 PM »
I'm really pleased for you ... you've found your way. And thanks for sharing the experience with us - it's been motivating to see your posts and how you've magnificently dealt with whatever obstacle appeared. You absolutely should be confident, AND proud of what you have accomplished!
thank you verry much frontier. yours and others encouragment make the hard times in life a little bit easier. thats why i LOVE  this site. when i'm here i feel like i am truely brother no matter where we may be.
thank you.
sly for life!!!

Offline palmerproject

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 09:21:43 PM »
Hey Palmer:

IMO... the sly life gets better each and every day. O:O 8)

WARHAWK O0
i dont doubut it. cant wait to see what oprotunities the sly life brings me that i wouldnt otherwise get. :)
sly for life!!!

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »
I have noticed the same thing. I can grow nearly a full head of hair. But when shaved or very tightly buzzed there is this other person there. I think it has to do with traditional icons of masculinity and power that are often shown as bald or nearly bald. Like prof. sports figures, prof. bodybuilders, arch villians, actors, soldiers, political leaders. In my mind when I become that icon with the sly look, then it is as if I have  become who I want to be just by adopting that look. I really enjoy the confidence boost that comes from it. I saw so many sly guys on the train and bus and at Wrigley Field today at the Cubs game. Many were really not balding, just adopted the look. Even one guy with total Alopecia- no brows, purley and perfectly hair free and stubble free head. He had a sharp suit on and sun glasses. Was one of the more handsome and in shape guys on the train. He had total confidence in his look.

Offline NESTYdPOGI

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 02:19:06 AM »
Well said pareng kalbo well said... more power to all of us SBG and CBBC  O0 O0 O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 03:28:52 AM »
Excellent post Palmer! Welcome to LIFE!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 06:30:37 AM »
That's awesome....Glad to see that you're facing the world instead of dodging it now that you're bald...On a side note I would still keep a hat or two for those times that you're out in the sun for an extended period!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 06:53:25 AM »
Great post Palmer! Confidence is one helluva life booster, isn't it? Glad to see your enjoying the Sly and most importantly enjoying what life has to offer  O0

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 04:02:52 PM »
I've noticed the same thing about myself. I've always suffered with chronic shyness: never really wanted people to notice me and tended to look away whenever some tried to make eye contact. Now I enjoy it when people notice and there's no problem with making eye contact.
Hair is over rated.

Offline JasonR

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 01:20:57 PM »
I'm confused...if you are BBC why did you wear hats all the time? Just curious...

Offline palmerproject

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 04:36:37 PM »
I'm confused...if you are BBC why did you wear hats all the time? Just curious...
just cause i had always worn hats since i was little.
sly for life!!!

Enter your email address: