Author Topic: Your favorite Headblade product  (Read 10486 times)

Offline valldo

• Sly
Your favorite Headblade product
« on: May 18, 2012, 08:45:42 AM »
Even if you don't use a Headblade razor you still may use some of the many products they sell; lotions, creams, clothing,...so what is your favorite HB product?
I guess the most used must be the Headslick, I know it is very popular. For me, I do not use it at all, I find there are plenty of other great creams and gels at much more affordable prices, plus nothing beats a good lather and the brush in my opinion

My favorite HB product is the Headshed Exfoliating Scrub. I have used many scrubs but this is definetely the best there is. It just gives me the best results, feels good and does the job.
I know it's a personal choice but what are yours and why?

Offline Titus13

• Bald guy in New York
  • Sly Jr.
Re: Your favorite Headblade product
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 08:48:39 AM »
headslick for me too
GI

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 01:31:19 PM »
HeadSlick, also. I used to be a big fan of the HB razor but I've been having trouble with the triples for the last year or so. As a result I am shaving exclusively with the M5.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 02:28:11 PM »
I'd have to say the razor itself, just an excellent piece of design and functional equipment, I'd love an s4.

@Buddha: try some Gillette custom 3 plus on the HB, best shave I've ever had.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 02:42:15 PM »
My favorite HB product is the Headshed Exfoliating Scrub. 

Oh yes.

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 03:39:48 PM »
I'd have to say the razor itself, just an excellent piece of design and functional equipment, I'd love an s4.

I have both the Sport and the S4 in my arsenal. I perfectly understand when you say you would love an S4. I had the same wish, eventually got it, and it is a very nice piece of 'equipment'. But, and I guess it is the added weight of the S4, you can't apply absolutely no pressure (if this is an essential HB rule, it is at a much greater effect for the S4). So I actually feel more confortable using the Sport razor.
Besides these two I also regularly use a conventional Sensor razor with double or triple blades, excellent results too, and I have established a routine and habits that allow me to shave clean in minutes.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 04:05:26 PM »
@Buddha: try some Gillette custom 3 plus on the HB, best shave I've ever had.

I tried this a year or so ago after reading about it in here. I took a chunk out of the peak of my dome like you wouldn't believe. I had a piece of skin the size of a french cut green bean stuck in the blades. I might try going back to the Sensor Deuce carts, never really had a problem with those and I have plenty of adaptors.

Nah, I think I'll keep on with the M5. No sense fixing what ain't broke.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 09:18:17 PM »
No sense fixing what ain't broke.

Ain't that the truth!

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 02:44:21 AM »
Well no fan of the Hb but use headslick

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 06:53:52 AM »
HeadBlade AND Headslick user.

VALLDO.... I think you should try HeadSLick. A couple of your points about it are incorrect. It is a little pricey BUT a bottle lasts a LONG time because you only need about a quarter size dollop to WORK UP A NICE LATHER WITH A BRUSH!!

I use it every time I shave along with a cheap brush... great lather.... and you don't have to reload the brush with more HS when you go to do your second pass (ATG). Just grab the brush and reapply to your head.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 08:06:04 AM »
HeadBlade AND Headslick user.

VALLDO.... I think you should try HeadSLick. A couple of your points about it are incorrect. It is a little pricey BUT a bottle lasts a LONG time because you only need about a quarter size dollop to WORK UP A NICE LATHER WITH A BRUSH!!

I use it every time I shave along with a cheap brush... great lather.... and you don't have to reload the brush with more HS when you go to do your second pass (ATG). Just grab the brush and reapply to your head.

I went thru a whole bottle before I started using a brush. As I said, I find there are other great creams and gels out there, and they last a long time too (which is not to say the Hslick doesn't). Over on this side of the pond you won't believe what the HB distributors try to charge you for the creams and gels. Ordering direct from Headblade is ok but they charge a ton and a half for shipping
I have another unopened bottle of HSlick somewhere in the bathroom, so I will eventually give it another shot using a brush and creating a lather with it. Thanks for the suggestion

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 03:56:30 PM »
I need to try a brush too, I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 04:36:57 AM »
This is a hard call. I like all of the head blade products. If you're talking about everything but the head blade itself,

I guess my favorite, though, is the glossy head lube. 

The head slick comes a close second.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 06:53:08 AM »
Oh Valldo.... I didn't remember that you were across the pond. In that case I would use other stuff too. I'm actually looking to try some other shaving creams because HeadSLick is being carried by fewer and fewer retailers in my area. The only retailer still carrying it is Walgreens and they are few and far between.
I refuse to pay the crazy shipping rates on HB products...... and yes I know we get 20% off if we order thru the SBG link but I still can't justify that shiping cost for a bottle or two of HS.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 10:34:52 AM »
Headslick is my gold standard--with a brush.  The problem seems to be that there are a lot of other gels and foams fighting for the same shelf space so it's harder to find a local store.  The stores don't sell a whole lot of it because HS lasts a really long time.  Maybe this stuff is too good to survive for that reason alone.