Author Topic: former yeti  (Read 4864 times)

Offline Yeti_Creature

• Learning the way of Sly
former yeti
« on: April 11, 2012, 04:13:40 PM »
hey there all you sly guys! i have just now decided to shave my head. before this i had long flowing hair past my shoulders as well as had some dreadlocks in there. i had a gnarly beard that i didn't touch for over a year. my friends nicknamed me the yeti; now that i am bald, i am just 'creature' haha. i have very thick and fast growing hair, so instead of getting a haircut every week, im just going to shave and save money. anyways, im going into the fire academy and i decided long hair might not be the best choice when im surrounded by fire and always in the public eye. so i had my hair trimmed down but a few days later, picked up the clippers and said what the f&$@...now im bald. feels great!

i live in spokane WA so a lot of my low brow friends keep giving me guff by saying i look like a white supremacist, which can be a blow to my confidence because i am nothing of the sort, but since we live near northern idaho, where a number of Aryan Nation members reside, they connect the imaginary dots and arrive at the only conclusion possible.

in my personal life, i have had quite an adventurous life in the short 22 years i have existed. i am a massage therapist and have an infinite passion for the physical body. i am a musician of many types but have a passion for world instruments. i am also a crafter of wood and leather and pretty much anything i find interesting! my father is a cabinet maker and a fine woodworker so i take after him in ways.

so here are some photos of what i looked like from long hair to now. if you have any questions, feel free to ask in this discussion or PM me! im looking forward to meeting you all!!

(that is a loin cloth i made myself and it is THE most comfortable thing i own for hiking haha)

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 04:17:05 PM by Yeti_Creature »

Offline IllinoisBaldy

• Sly
Re: former yeti
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 04:19:54 PM »
Welcome Yeti.

marty22

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 04:34:15 PM »
welcome Yeti! A great word for scrabble.

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 06:50:33 PM »
Welcome Yeti! It is nice to see another local person here. I am from Spokane but grew up in Deer Park, moved to Airway Heights with some friends when I got a job in town, and now living back home in Deer Park. About the whole Aryan Nations thing, look at the leaders over there like the Mullet guy, 95% of them have full heads of hair and blend in with everyone else. I have a lake house over in Hayden where many of them used to be and still get razzed for it from time to time but don't let it get to me. Even when I was working at the pet store I got a couple nasty comments from customers about my shaved head but most people tend to like it. I know based on how fast Walgreens/Rite Aide/Safeway/Albertsons sell headblade stuff, we must have more bald guys in the Spokane area than I thought.
 I am 22 also but started shaving when I was 19 and first moved to the city. I have friends in the fire academy and on volunteer fire fighting. Hope to see you post more often, always nice having local folks on the board. Seems like most people see Spokane, Washington and automatically think of the wet side of the state.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 07:41:11 PM by Mike »

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 09:42:43 PM »
welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya joined us.  good luck with the fire academy.  your new look will definitely be a plus when u become a fireman.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Yeti_Creature

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »
thank you all! i actually just got back from my first meeting for firefighting and found out the physical test and written test are this saturday and the interview board is next week! and on top of that they have to cut at least half of us (yikes) although i noticed a lot of the chiefs making eye contact with me and staring at my head when i was talking to them, so hopefully the fact i am more recognizable will help my odds

Mike: i actually live on the south hill of spokane and my fire training is all south of here. i have a couple friends who have done the fire training at district 9 up north near you. but awesome, small world meeting another spokanite!

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 10:44:27 PM »
My aunt lives up on the south hill. It is things like this that make Spokane seem like a small town. I think there might have been another member from Spokane but they only posted a couple times. I know there is a member over in Cd'A that I talk to on facebook all the time but other than that, most Sly members are over on the coast

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Intermittently Bald By Choice
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 11:08:30 PM »
Welcome, Yeti!
1st picture: long hair suits you very well ;)
2nd picture: ehm... which is the 3rd? (I'm joking, of course :) )
3rd picture: great, you look wonderful O0
The shiny dome will give you the 100%!!!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:30:26 PM by Cris »

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 03:52:46 AM »
welcome. nice story.
short buzzcut suits you better :)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 04:39:57 AM »
Yeti, you polish up nicely. 

The cave man picture with the loin cloth looks fitting. Shows your thick hair. Thus I can understand buzzing rather than shaving.

I still have a full head of hair, although probably not that thick.  I buzzed for a few years before shaving bald.  Really prefer the bald smoothness, but I do have to shave daily for that effect.  When your ready, you can make that shift.  Visually, it's not that far from buzzed to bald. 

Welcome. Nice story.

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 08:43:25 AM »
Welcome to the SBG Yeti!  8)

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 08:52:34 AM »
Hey wait a minute, we are all calling him "Yeti" but he said he was a Yeti, now he is a Creature.
So, Welcome, Creature!
I can feel that you are a sensitive guy with deep intelligence.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 02:44:39 PM »
Welcome Yeti, and what a change! The buzz looks great and I think you should definitely keep it. It will be much more to your advantage with training for the fire department, and life overall.
Don't even give the naysayers and stereotype's a minutes thought. Hang in there, be proud, and most of all, be yourself.
Good luck with the academy and training.   O0

PS- you may have to change your name now, lol.

Offline Yeti_Creature

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 08:55:32 PM »
so this morning i decided to shave what little hair i had left with my razor...my head is finally reflective and i had many compliments from my coworkers. a few women were more talkative and nice to me as well  ;) so far im liking this!!!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:41:30 PM by Yeti_Creature »

Offline Cris

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 01:16:08 AM »
100% O0

Enter your email address: