Author Topic: Wish me luck  (Read 12945 times)

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: Wish me luck
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 06:22:05 AM »
Best of luck, Vash.  Do check in with us when you can. ^-^
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 08:09:53 AM »
Good luck Vash, I know you'll make the best of it.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 08:24:20 AM »
Good Luck Vash

BALDANDRE

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007, 08:44:16 AM »
Hey Vash...

Good luck man, life is short...cool that you're just "doing it"...

You say Portland...if that's Portalnd Oregon, we'll have to make sure our paths cross...

I'll be living in Vancouver, Wa, hopefully within the year!

Take care my bald brutha and good luck!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 09:30:27 PM »
follow your heart, you lucky kilted drummer. sounds like a really cool deal. later bro

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 10:47:21 PM »
Good luck Vash! O0

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2007, 11:20:46 PM »
Try to find a computer and keep in touch with us!

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 06:51:27 PM »
Hi kids,

Just a brief note to let you know I am still alive and not in jail or anything. I have been in P-town for nearly a week now and am doing as ok as can be expected all things considered. The high(and low)lights of my time so far:

I got all my stuff secured in a super cool older storage facility in downtown Portland. It's an oldschool brick building and I am on the 3rd floor, which means I have to use the kick ass oldschool freight elevator. I am payed up through July 1st, so thats a load off my big bald head.

Had a tire blow out at 80mph on the way to Eugene to perform a FREE show. Upon reaching the final destination and getting the tire looked at (see replaced) I was informed that not only do I need a new SET of tires, I need a front brake job in order for the vehicle to be street legal. SSSOOOO... goodbye $469 of my savings (which was most of it).

So the gym membership vanished in puff of paying for the van expenses, but hey..it IS my home we are talking about.

I have spent most of my time pounding pavement in search of a job and have gotten some good response, but no offers yet. I am off to an interview in about 1/2 hr so wish me luck.

Sleeping in the van is surprisingly comfy and will work out for the time being.

Not had the funds to really go out and socialize much so I've yet to meet any fascinating new people, but I am hopeful.

Well, I am almost out of time on the internet cafe machine, so I will sign off with the promise of another update soon.

Until then, take as good care of yourselves as youve asked me to take of myself.
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2007, 07:56:04 PM »
Vash, it's great to "hear" you're doing well.  Bummer about the tires and breaks, but as you said, it IS your home.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2007, 10:31:00 PM »
Tough luck Vash, but doesn't look like it got you down. Keep your gleaming dome high, and it will work out for you. Thanks for the update
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 10:33:34 PM »
Good luck to you Vash.

I have not spent much time in Portland, but I hear it is a great city. Plus, late summers in Portland (along with Seattle...which I have spent a lot of time in) cannot be beat. If your travels take you to Southern Oregon (Rogue Valley / Medford area), I know a ton of people there. Granted it's not Portland as far as population goes and likely from your band goals, but depending on your skill set, I'm sure I could point you in the right direction with work.

All the Best!
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 03:34:18 AM »
Great to know you're ok Vash, sorry to hear about the van problems though.  Hang in there and check in with us when you can for moral support. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

jusbnme

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2007, 04:02:10 AM »
Good to hear you're safe Vash.  Good luck and keep in touch.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2007, 09:03:08 AM »
Thanks for checking in, Vash

All in all it sounds like an excellent adventure......many a success story has started with such humble beginnings as you are embracing, man.

All the best
R.M.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2007, 09:30:03 AM »
Not had the funds to really go out and socialize much so I've yet to meet any fascinating new people, but I am hopeful.

Hang in there Vash...Portland is a great city...you'll fit in great....if you need a cool scene to meet some folks and you've got no funds...the "Saturday market" by the river is a great funky vibe type thing to do..

also the Hawthorne district is a hippy type area full of walk around stuff...

check out the Bagdad theater...they run movies for cheap there and it's a cool vibe to hang out if you're low on funds...plus you can catch a brew while you're kicin' back on the coach watchin' the flick..

there is a ton of stuff, for no money to do in Portland...you'll start to find them soon enough..

good luck bro and see you around Portland one of these days!