Author Topic: Will these scars ever go away =(  (Read 7214 times)

Offline gees88

• Learning the way of Sly
Will these scars ever go away =(
« on: December 12, 2011, 07:57:26 PM »
Okay so i've been bald for a few months now and this forum is what helped me make the decision to go bald.

I had a really bad condition in my hair where I had these really dry thick layers of crust on my scalp and it would occasionally bleed or leak a clear fluid. It would always be worse in the morning and I could literally peel this crust/skin off my scalp.

The condition has finally stopped. I haven't had this issue BUT there were two main spots where the condition was bad, and in those spots I have 2 dark scars on my scalp. Will these ever go away? It seems like its been about 2 months and the dark spots are still there. I am not using any cream or anything. I might go to the doctor tomorrow again and get a 2nd opinion.

Can anyone help? The bald look suits me but now I have this problem with the scars, fml!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Will these scars ever go away =(
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 08:26:46 PM »
I would check with a Dermatologist to know the answer for sure.  They might even be able to provide something to reduce the scars.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 10:09:03 PM »
as Tyler said, visit the Dermatologist :)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 09:18:42 AM »
Thirded. A medical professional is your next step.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 09:59:39 AM »
I agree - see a doctor or dermatologist to be on the safe side!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 11:03:40 AM »
On Thursday, I'm going in for minor surgery on my scalp at my dermatologist (I have a gash that hasn't healed since the mid 1980s and I have a spot on the base of my neck that keeps getting recurring boils) There were a couple of black marks on my scalp that he gave me some bleaching cream for about three months ago, and if you see a dermatologist, he may recommend this cream that can at least minimize the appearance of the two scars, if not eliminate them altogether. I would see one at the earliest opportunity, s/he could help you out and you may not even need surgery!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline gees88

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 11:05:07 AM »
Okay well the doctor said they are pigmentation patches or something, dark healing patches left behind from the condition. Apparently they go away but the only thing that will get rid of them is time and exposure to sunlight, which sucks because its winter season here now!

Enter your email address: