Author Topic: Dome Improvement  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Dome Improvement
« on: December 01, 2011, 11:25:01 PM »
What's up fellow Slys?, As I mentioned in my intro, I had a couple of gashes and a couple of black marks on the back of my scalp from cysts and/or razor bumps. One of the gashes I have had since a teenager (mid 1980s). I went and saw my physician first and he said that none of this was a big deal..but I'm thinking if I'm going to be sly permanently, I want to at least minimize these scalp "issues" So I saw a dermatologist in Baton Rouge today and he thoroughly examined my scalp. He gave me some bleaching cream and a medicine called Clobetasol for the black marks, but he said allow roughly two months. But he said that he could surgically close the two gashes at the cranium (one is real big) by doing a small outpatient surgery that will make the hair regrow in those spots and the gashes won't stand out so much (I forgot the proper name). The surgery will take place on Thursday, the 15th and he said that on the same day he wants to examine the black marks further to see if I need a stronger bleaching cream. I'm real excited about the fact that these gashes that stood out on my scalp for almost three decades may (mostly) disappear...I may not be able to razor shave that area for a while after the surgery, but at least I can be even more proud of being Sly! Sorry for the long post, but I haven't felt this good about my head since I went Sly in 2008 (I clippered my head bald many years before that but only when I went to training with the Reserves in the Summer). Looking forward to the surgery and will post some before and after pics in the near future. Thanks Again!

Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
Re: Dome Improvement
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 11:28:13 PM »
if it's for the win, do it.
make sure it won't have any side effects.
tell him you'll want to shave after the surgery, so you can be sure it's not gonna be doable.
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
Re: Dome Improvement
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 10:18:47 PM »
I hope all your improvements work out for you. Maybe I should take the dome in for a little body work too  ???