Author Topic: The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists  (Read 9974 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists
« on: April 27, 2007, 06:28:03 PM »
I just got done reading The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pick Up Artists by Neil Strauss and I give it two SLY thumbs up!!  O0 O0  If you're a single guy that is having confidence issues in the area of meeting women, this book is for you. 

Here's a short summary of the book:

Neil Strauss, a writer for Rolling Stone and the NY Times, learns of an online society of pick up artists (PUAs) whose goals are to develop strategies and methods of picking up women.  He then becomes a member of this society by the name of Style and pays to be mentored by Mystery, one of the god fathers of the community, only to later become what some consider to be the greatest pick up artist.  This book is his story of how he went from being a short, balding, geeky writer to someone that could pick up amazingly hot women.

Why do I recommend this book?

This book is a great, true story of how a balding guy that doesn't have much confidence in himself is able to learn a few skills and transform his appearance to become the ultimate sly guy that single men look to be.  One of the way he transforms himself is by shaving his head.

I think this book can be both an inspiration to some of the guys that come to this site and a beginning tutorial on how to meet women easier.

To learn more about this book, click on the above image of this book.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 07:30:56 AM »
I've been meaning to check this book out.  Thanks for the review.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 07:35:15 AM »
Been waiting to hear your review Tyler. Definitely want to check into this book. BTW, was there any mention of his slyness being a part of the success?
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 01:21:37 PM »
Ive read abit on this in the past 'Negging' & all that sort of stuff
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 01:32:41 PM »
Been waiting to hear your review Tyler. Definitely want to check into this book. BTW, was there any mention of his slyness being a part of the success?

There's a brief mention in the beginning of the book where his mentor tells him he should shave his head to look better.  The more you learn about him, the more you realize that he loves to rock the sly look.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 01:54:38 PM »
Neil Strauss is definitely a sly guy who deserves more mention.  Every lonely guy on the fence about shaving should read his book.  There must be a way to send him a t-shirt and let him know about this site!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 01:55:50 PM »
Neil Strauss is definitely a sly guy who deserves more mention.  Every lonely guy on the fence about shaving should read his book.  There must be a way to send him a t-shirt and let him know about this site!

I found his assistant's email address.  I'm going to try to contact him for a short interview and send him a shirt.

Offline Itsonlyinmyhead

• When will it happen?
  • Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 01:59:44 PM »
Hmmmn, Im tempted to buy it. Since

a) Im still on the fence about shaving my head

b) Ive been out of the game for about a month

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 06:43:56 AM »
I head about this book.  I have always wanted to read it, but the skeptic in me just thinks that this guy is a brilliant writer and none of this stuff really happens. A secret society of pick up artists? Sounds really cool, but is it real? It may have just been a lot of observation of what guys who are sucessful with women already do, with some lingo thrown in.

Well, it still sounds like a good read.

Offline RobbieDigital

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 07:54:56 AM »
This is a fantastic book.  Although I've been in a relationship since reading it, I think this is very powerful and useful information. 

For further reading, I suggest getting the "Venusian Arts Handbook" by Mystery himself.  While "The Game" has a lot of info in it, it's written as a story where as the VAH is purely a dissection of the Mystery Method.

For those cheap, technically inclined folks like me, the torrents are readily available !

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 09:19:32 AM »
Sounds like a great book Robbie, especially since my reading time is limited and a dissection could be quicker to absorb.  Thanks for the info.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline hellocowboy

• Sly Jr.
  • crappy camera = grainy photo
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 06:12:11 PM »
My brother sent me this book a month ago, and the mixture of an autobiography with psychology explanations of human behavior was quite entertaining and thought provoking.  I encourage everyone to check it out.
A bald head is simply a solar panel for a sex machine.

Offline k_floss

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 05:19:41 PM »
"While "The Game" has a lot of info in it, it's written as a story where as the VAH is purely a dissection of the Mystery Method."

This was the problem I had with this book as well --it didn't really lay out things because it was written as a story.

I actually ended up returning it because of this.

As well, I was kind of put-off at the "cockiness" of fashioning the binding as a bible --as if it is something that can be referred to regularly, when this would be near impossible, IMHO.

To be quite honest, though, I believe that all the techniques in the world won't help anyone without some sort of solid congruent core belief.

If that's out of whack, you're f***ed.

I oughta know.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 05:38:25 PM by k_floss »