1 (0.8%)
nine
2 (1.7%)
ten
1 (0.8%)
more than ten
9 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Author Topic: HOW many tattoos do U have?  (Read 29928 times)

Offline DCSlyOne

• Drives With The Top Down
  • Sly Jr.
  • At My Sunday Best
Re: HOW many tattoos do U have?
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2012, 07:08:55 PM »
One big tattoo, from just north of my belt line down to just above the knees.  The shorts have taken about 8 months so far (about one or two sessions a month), and there is still  plenty to do.  I would post up pics, but due to the area covered, they might burn some eyes.

SirHarry, just as Ro stated, age has nothing to do with it.  I am 48, and started this back in January.  The artist is a genius, and we are both very happy with the results so far.  This will be epic when it is finished.
[img width= height= alt=ImageChef]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090912/purf3b33834440fda29.jpg[/img]

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2012, 05:42:48 AM »
Earlier in this thread I mentined that I have three.... two half sleeves and a smaller piece.
This past weekend I went to a new shop and talked to the guy about getting some new ink this winter. I'm going to have my wife as a pin up girl tattooed on my left arm.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2012, 08:24:28 AM »
That sounds good Mike...Then you "know" your beautiful wife is for keeps.

It's strange, for me, going Sly was far easier than getting a tattoo. My wife has tattoos, and she wants more... ::)
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2012, 09:47:49 AM »

It's strange, for me, going Sly was far easier than getting a tattoo. My wife has tattoos, and she wants more... ::)

Oh Dude.... after almost 18 years together and two kids. She's mine.

Offline JasonR

• Sly
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2012, 10:02:13 AM »
None for me. So 40% of the people on here don't have toos...so we're the "different" ones. ;)

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2012, 10:56:07 PM »
Earlier in this thread I mentined that I have three.... two half sleeves and a smaller piece.
This past weekend I went to a new shop and talked to the guy about getting some new ink this winter. I'm going to have my wife as a pin up girl tattooed on my left arm.

Well, judging from your current profile pic, that is going to be one damn fine piece of art (if you get my drift)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2012, 06:06:40 AM »

Well, judging from your current profile pic, that is going to be one damn fine piece of art (if you get my drift)

Thanks Matt...... My wife will make a great pin-up girl ( I LOVE pin-up girls!)! I took her into the shop to meet the guy and he simply said "WHOA! Great pin-up girl material!". She's curvy like a pin-up girl and has sort of a classic look about her.

Offline JustinfromTN

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2012, 01:34:03 PM »
I have 2 myself. On my upper right arm I have a Celtic cross with a ribbon around it that has my 3 sons names on it. On my upper left arm I have a big rattlesnake poised to strike with "Don't tread on me" under it. I want a 3rd, just haven't settled on what to get yet.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2012, 03:55:48 PM »

It was the exact opposite for me. I found it much easier getting tattooed than going sly. I got my first in 2006. It seems kinda weird because tats are harder to get rid of.......and I'm scared of needles!
Hair is over rated.

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2012, 04:58:05 PM »
I have two, one on each arm covering the full length of my inner forearms. Took me ages to finally get them done, I am absolutely scared of needles but it's nothing like an injection!!

I found it really relaxing, I was under the needle for 3 hours and at one point I swear I nodded off asleep, which is odd as I don't care what anyone says, they do hurt!! It's not a terrible pain but someone is essentially scratching your arm repeatedly, it's really not too much discomfort for something that's with you for the rest of your life, the healing is much worse!!  ;D

I had both my forearms done in the same sitting which on reflection wasn't wise, you don't realise how much you use your arms untill they are sore!!

Really want some more done, I like the full sleeve look but I'm in no hurry, only want stuff on there that i really want, the amount of teenagers I see nowadays with fully tatted up sleeves, hands and necks is worrying, I have nothing against tattoos but covering yourself when you're still a kid doesn't seem a good idea, I don't care what people may say, people will judge you differently, it's wrong but it's true, plus if I'd had the ideas I had as a teenager done when I was young I'd probably regret them now!!

I have a couple of peices I'd like to get done in the near future, one with reference to my girlfriend of 11 years as we are getting married next year, and another peice in memory of my best friend who took his own life nearly 9 years ago, every day we are getting futher apart so I'd like something close by as one day the memories may not be as bright as they are now.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2012, 09:47:12 PM »
I had both my forearms done in the same sitting which on reflection wasn't wise, you don't realise how much you use your arms untill they are sore!!

...only want stuff on there that i really want, the amount of teenagers I see nowadays with fully tatted up sleeves, hands and necks is worrying...

...one with reference to my girlfriend of 11 years as we are getting married next year, and another peice in memory of my best friend who took his own life nearly 9 years ago, every day we are getting futher apart so I'd like something close by as one day the memories may not be as bright as they are now.

On the first point, it's so true, I'm almost fully sleeved up (finishing my right arm next friday, left was finished almost 2 years ago), and I teach guitar, having to teach after a 5 or 7 hour session is crazy!

I totally agree with you on the teenagers getting covered up thing. I'm just about as obsessed with tattoos as you could possibly get, and intend to be covered below the neck and above the knees over the course of my lifetime. But that is with much thought, and every piece having a deep meaning or value to me (I designed almost everything on me). So many kids just want the 'look', without the spiritual, cultural, or artistic connection, and that is unlikely to last.

and on the last point congrats on the relationship, true love is a beautiful thing. And my deepest sympathy for your friend, his family, and of course, yourself. One of my childhood best friends committed suicide  a few years after I moved overseas, We had a huge falling out before I left and never got the chance to reconcile, I also want a piece, firstly to pay respect, but also as my apology to him for not being a better friend, and helping him when he needed it most.

God Bless,

Matt
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:56:27 PM by Slyfive »

Offline BBC56

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2012, 11:00:49 PM »
Three; my favorite is R upper arm, a memorial to a very close friend who died when we were both 38 - he went up for a jump shot playing basketball and just collapsed.
And I found it easier to get tattooed than to go sly also!

theman

« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2012, 11:36:31 AM »
I have 8 like to keep things even.  LOL  I agree with the statement of tats being addictive.  I have had mine for many years .  Had a few recolored.  But it has been 7 years since that was done.  It is always in the back of my head to get another one.  I am thing about a Scorpin between my thumb and index or I like to call it trigger finger.  Will know on the 17th of this month when I get my splint off after a severe fx. of my right wrist. 

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2012, 10:43:01 AM »
Don't have one yet...but I want to get one. I've heard they are addictive O:O

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2012, 08:14:41 AM »
No tats yet. If/when I do, it will be a tribal band on one arm, and then perhaps a bear paw over the opposite shoulder
MikeC

Enter your email address: