Author Topic: A confidence question  (Read 17815 times)

Offline Acme

• Super Sly
  • Who's the bald guy?
Re: A confidence question
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2011, 08:15:23 PM »
I still find it incredible that I spent my childhood scared to death that I was going to look like my father, who went bald when he was 18, yet now, having a smooth melon uplifts me in so many ways I cant even put it into words.

That's exactly how I feel!

My father is now 75 and still doing the comb over.  I guess it's worked for him for about 45 years but I was never going to do that.

Slynito

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2011, 10:21:52 PM »
Phew! I read through 4 pages of this soap opera and was finally happy to come to the climax....I'm glad that you did it, as you are. Now perhaps the next visit to the store you can joke about your chrome dome...it's a bad hair day...y'all got any pocket combs? ...ya like my new color? It may be fun and also a new approach. Whatcha thinK?  O0

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2011, 09:58:58 AM »
So, did you go back today without the hat?

Offline Chavster

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2011, 10:00:06 AM »
No, but I'll be going tonight before they close, which is three hours from now :D

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2011, 07:56:02 AM »
Great story about our fears and how to overcome them.

I live in a very small community and had a full head of hair but after I shaved my head I went right out to my local stores without a hat and proudly showed off my new look. A few people took some second looks and I talked about it to some of the regular people I usually talk to. Overall I got alot of smiles and I felt great showing the world my new look.

Slynito

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »
Great story about our fears and how to overcome them.

I live in a very small community and had a full head of hair but after I shaved my head I went right out to my local stores without a hat and proudly showed off my new look. A few people took some second looks and I talked about it to some of the regular people I usually talk to. Overall I got alot of smiles and I felt great showing the world my new look.

You showed lots of, "Cajones". I live in a small town too...men and women get big time looks if you wear shorts into the bank or library.

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2011, 04:22:02 PM »

You showed lots of, "Cajones". I live in a small town too...men and women get big time looks if you wear shorts into the bank or library.

Oh they'd love me then. I wear short most of the time until it gets REAL cold. lol

Slynito

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2011, 02:43:11 PM »
Being comfortable is the only way to go.

Enter your email address: