Author Topic: Can't be sly because of huge forehead  (Read 57272 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Can't be sly because of huge forehead
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2011, 09:24:18 PM »
It also doesn't hurt to revisit your options, which as I pointed out in one of my earlier posts, are severely limited.  Remind yourself that you were unhappy with the hairpiece and that you'll be equally unhappy, perhaps even more so, if you go back to it.  A shaved head might seem like the least onerous choice at this stage of the game, but that's reason enough to stick with it.  And like everyone else has already pointed out, over the next month you'll find your attitude towards it becoming more positive.  Hang in there.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2011, 06:39:04 AM »
One warning - the look and feel of being sly are addicting!

This is what my wife was worrying about. Oh no, You are going to look bald if you use the clippers with no guard.  If you do that I'll have to color my hair purple!  (And I think that she was afraid that I would like it). 

Well, I'm clipping with no guard almost every day.  I REALLY like it!  She is getting used to it.  She did get a purple hair-piece! And we do have some purple temporary hair coloring.  (which is funny because we are both quite conservative in our dress).  We're enjoying the nearly bald look. Yes, it's addicting. I want to go shorter and shorter.  Next step is the razor. Not much left from where I am now.

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2011, 01:21:46 PM »
Over the past 6 years that I've been shaving sly, every time I've let it grow out again, my MPB (about a 3A3V) hasn't gotten any better.  My forehead's gotten bigger, the friar's bowl has gotten wider.  There are a lot of people who say they prefer me with hair, problem is, I'm not one of them.  I'm just gonna keep shaving at this point. 

I know it's weird at first, but it takes your mind time to adjust to a new "normal."

30 days.  Don't bail out before the miracle happens.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline anton86

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2011, 02:48:17 PM »
Today was the first day I have really ventured out with my new haircut. I was really nervous walking past people and going into shops but one thing I did notice is that a lot of people just didn't seem to give a sh*t and didn't even look at me which is good.

I guess the self confidence issue will go the more I venture out.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2011, 03:46:42 PM »

Exactly. Every day gets a little easier.

Offline DaleBlankenship

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 04:08:01 PM »
Today was the first day I have really ventured out with my new haircut. I was really nervous walking past people and going into shops but one thing I did notice is that a lot of people just didn't seem to give a sh*t and didn't even look at me which is good.

Don't worry about what other people think... especially strangers.  You'll never see them again in your life, so who cares what they think about your head.

Being bald is always a better option than wearing a hairpiece or comb-over. 

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2011, 04:10:59 PM »
Most of the people you see are strangers who didn't know you when you had hair and don't know you now.  They're busy with their lives and probably don't even notice that you are sly.  The confidence will come and sly will be the new norm for you.

Offline anton86

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2011, 08:51:28 AM »
Some great things I have noticed in my first couple of days with a no guard buzzed head.

I can put on jumpers without worrying about my hair. I know this sounds stupid  :D but with "hair", putting on a jumper was always difficult as it would totally mess up the blend with my natural hair. Which resulted in having to go the bathroom to fix.

I can go out in the wind. When I went out yesterday It was really windy and I got that feeling that I used to get when I was wearing that the "joint" will become exposed because of big gusts of wind. Then I remembered I didn't have any hair and the wind was no problem. It felt good!

I can get up from sleep without worrying what hair looks like and spending 20 mins in bathroom fixing it. Thats a great feeling. I couldn't let anyone see me before I had a chance to get into the bathroom and fix/style my hair to make sure it "sat" right. Now it doesn't matter.

Another plus hasn't happened yet (as I only buzzed on Monday). Every Saturday I would have to clean the piece take tape off etc. It took like 2 hours for me to do all of this. I am no going to have this time free!!

Still feeling a bit odd when I see myself in mirror but I am getting used to it I think.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2011, 10:15:01 AM »
Don't worry - you'll get used to seeing yourself without hair fairly soon.  You pointed out the advantages of the smooth head that we all experience as sly guys.  There are others that you'll notice as you adjust.  The best one of course is that the look and feel are just great!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2011, 12:14:32 PM »
Fantastic!

This is the part that most struck a chord with me:

I couldn't let anyone see me before I had a chance to get into the bathroom and fix/style my hair to make sure it "sat" right.

I simply cannot imagine living life that way. No one should have to. Welcome to freedom!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2011, 06:26:03 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS, ANTON!!!  FREEDOM....FREEDOM....FREEDOM!!!

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2011, 10:02:02 AM »
1/3 of the people will like you.  1/3 of the people will dislike you.  1/3 of the people don't even notice your existence.  It's that last batch that pisses me off the most.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline anton86

• Sly Guy in Training
Can't be sly because of huge forehead - UPDATE
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2011, 01:51:35 PM »
Hi Guys,

Its been a couple of months now and I am still struggling a bit to be honest. I can't stop looking at pictures of my forehead, it just doesn't look like right IMO. What do you guys think?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 03:36:42 PM by anton86 »

Offline rfn

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2011, 02:04:12 PM »
You look great.  Keep smiling.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2011, 02:07:06 PM »
It looks fine.  Stop obsessing about it.