Author Topic: Help! Abnormal Head Shape...  (Read 28542 times)

Offline Chico D

• Sly
Re: Help! Abnormal Head Shape...
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2007, 01:55:45 PM »
Bro, your obsessing...your girl is hot....your head looks fine......ditch putting the glasses in the middle of your head........your girl don't care.....other hot chicks wouldn't care.....be happy with your self, and remove the little annoying obsession from your thoughts so that you can be happy and clear-thinking...

Offline JasonR

• Sly
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2007, 08:56:03 PM »
Thanks for the kind words...but the pics don't do my bumpy head justice. Other people definitely notice and have mentioned it...and my girlfriend's definitely mentioned it to.

If I can get it changed...then why not....?

Another Image...not the best...

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 09:13:51 PM by JasonR »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2007, 09:24:19 PM »

If I can get it changed...then why not....?

Because you run the risk of having your head totally f**ked up for good.  I'm not sure that a "fix" is even possible.  Most people aren't going to be looking at the top of your head or viewing you from an angle where they would even notice any perceived abnormalities in your head shape.   It's hard to say for sure from that photo, but I think you are probably worrying about nothing.  Grow a goatee.  It will redirect people's focus from your head back to your face.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2007, 09:24:34 PM »
If your girlfriend and friends have such a problem with your bump that they think you should have skull surgery, then you need a new girlfriend and friends.  Nobody is perfect.  I don't like the fact that my head isn't perfectly round in the back, but you couldn't pay me enough money in the world to try to fix it.  I cannot imagine the scarring that you would have.  You are still young, so please don't make any rash decisions.  You are a good looking guy; don't ruin it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 09:46:17 PM by Stew »
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2007, 09:37:30 PM »
Alright I'm just about all settled in after the move...

anyways I dug up an old pic. You can see  how my head is not normally shaped..basically the rear is higher than the front. I desperately want to get it "fixed". I've tried to forget about it, but I just can't. Now only is my hair almost gone, my head is funny shaped. However, it looks like it wouldn't involve any brain surgery (thank God) and it looks like it could be done (I've stared at my head WAY too many times lately).

OK, I hadn't seen these photos when I made my last post.  Forgive me if I'm being blunt, but dude, this obsession with your head shape is totally insane.   I can't see anything wrong with it.  Most of us have an indentation  where the forehead meets the top of the skull.  I do. 

You are down to stubble anyway, so it's not like you're hiding it under a mound of hair right now.  What possible reason could you have for not shaving it?  You can be back to where you are in two days, tops.  The "abnormal" shape you're so worried about might even be less noticeable if you shave.  You'd be surprised what a difference removing even a little stubble can make.  The stubble can cast a shadow, and when you remove that, the shadow may be gone, or at least evened out, so that attention is diverted to a different part of the head.  And like I said before, facial hair can be a good way to distract people's attention from the top of your head. 

If you would just do it, then you'll know for sure whether it works for you or not.  Until then, it's all just a guessing game.  It's well worth the risk of not liking it and waiting 2 days for it to grow back to find out for sure, don't you think?

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 09:39:11 PM by RazorX »

Bald_freak

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2007, 02:37:54 PM »
I've got the odd protusion on the back of my head. a few people have commented on it. I joke and tell them that it's the spot where the nuns filed down the horn. (I was born 2 am nov 1, technically still halloween. So I was a devil baby. yeah!!! >:D)

Offline jj101

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2012, 04:36:09 PM »
Know this is a old topic but what ended up happening? did you manage to get over it or did you try and get surgery?

I am not shaved yet but i am your head twin... and i am also 21 (22 soon) which you were when you posted this. Just wondering if the dent is something that you get over with time or if it is a constant worry. (obviously everyone is different just be good to hear how you handled it as a young guy)

Enter your email address: