Author Topic: Your dream car  (Read 22758 times)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Your dream car
« on: October 04, 2006, 10:24:56 AM »
If you could have absolutely any car in the world, what would it be? Money is no object, and it could be anything.

In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
Re: Your dream car
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 10:46:16 AM »
I guess it would be a close tie between a Ferrari (that coupe model, don't remember how it's called, GT something) in red or grey, or a Bentley Continental coupe in black or silver.

These are both very VERY expensive cars and I'd probably wouldn't buy them even if I had that kind of money...

But a boy can dream... 
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 12:13:23 PM »
Gulfstream 5....LOL  who needs a car when you can have a killer jet!

But, if I needed a car to get to my jet I would buy either an Aston Martin Vanquish (Black) , Rolls Royce Phantom (White), or a Ferrari F460 Spider (Yellow).

I'll admit, I often take a stroll down the street to my local exotic car dealership (http://www.siliconvalleyautogroup.com).

It's good to dream, especially if you strive to follow them.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 06:02:05 PM by Tyler »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 02:04:00 AM »
A pure White H3, decked out beyond all belief, with a sweet Himalayan/Yeti mural airsprayed on each side! hehehe
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 10:48:19 PM by Yeti »
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 05:00:32 PM »
Oh yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...daddy liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

gearhedguy

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 06:28:38 PM »
New Mustang Shelby (woo hoo!) with a Mini Cooper S being a close 2nd.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 10:16:39 PM »
The Mini is not a bad little car, as long as you don't want to carry more than 2 people. I was bored one day and logged onto their website. I built my own Cooper-S and by the time it was all said and done, I could have bought two plain S model Coopers for the price of the single one I built. I put almost every option on that bad boy.             :o            ;D

gearhedguy

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 06:38:14 AM »
Yup, the Mini Cooper is on the small side, but I tend to like small cars. And I'm single and mostly travel alone, so the limited space isn't a big deal. I did test drive one and although they are small on the outside, they are fairly roomy on the inside. Of course, the topic of this post said that price was no object so you bet, I'd load up on every option available (except for automatic transmission - gotta have a standard trans!). Also, American vehicles just keep getting bigger and bigger guzzling more and more gasoline. If Americans ever want their independence from oil bearing countries, they should focus more on energy conservation and not on bigger is better bragging rights. Heck, even BMW is increasing the size of the Mini. If that trend continues, eventually they'll have to re-name the car the Maxi Cooper.  :)

Offline CarlosMIS

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 11:37:40 PM »
I will say in a sedan I will buy a BMW M5, on the coupe side I'm with Tyler with an Aston Martin Vanquish. There is something so bold about the Aston... goes with the bald look!!!

and when I exit the Aston and in the 007 style I'll say:
"My head is bald,  sexy bald"

Grin
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 12:08:06 AM by Tyler »
Sincerely Bald,
Carlos

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 12:09:00 AM »
I will say in a sedan I will buy a BMW M5, ...

and when I exit the Aston and in the 007 style I'll say:
"My head is bald,  sexy bald"

Grin

That's awesome Carlos!!!  I dig the M5 in a big way.  I would love to have one for my everyday car.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline CarlosMIS

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 08:55:43 AM »
Cool Tyler, we also need an SUV for the bad weather so I'll take a Range Rover too!!!
Sincerely Bald,
Carlos

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 12:58:43 PM »
1971 Dodge Challenger Convertable, with the 426 hemi in it.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 07:18:35 AM »
Well, I like small cars, too. The Mini is definitely a great car. And it's true - it's quite roomy on the inside. I'm a big guy (6 feet 5) and I don't fit into most cars. But there was a Mini (the old pre BMW model) I sat in once...and boy, was it roomy! It was very comfortable, even for me!

But all this talk about cars should be off-limits for me as I don't even have a driver's license... :(

However, in real-life I'd probably choose the new Renault Clio, a Ford Focus or the new Honda Civic.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 07:33:55 AM by happyharry »
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Lex Luethor

• Sly Jr.
  • This *is* my happy face.
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 02:19:05 PM »
I'd settle for Boxster (black of course).

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 11:08:54 PM »
none other then the General Lee!
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995