Author Topic: Wigs For Fun  (Read 3068 times)

austinsly

Wigs For Fun
« on: September 13, 2010, 09:05:59 PM »
I've always thought wearing different wigs would be kinda fun, just to kinda be a different person for a little bit. And this really has nothing to do with being bald. Although, it seems like wigs might fit better on a completely shaven head. So, doing this would be a fun thing, not something to cover up being bald. Does anyone do this? I'd love to wear a sweet looking mullet wig, business in the front, party in the back style.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Wigs For Fun
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 09:18:50 PM »
Not something I'd consider.

austinsly

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 09:20:25 PM »
Haha, yeah I guess it goes with my joking type of personality. Not sure how often I would actually do it...

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 09:23:16 PM »
You need to go, along with this thread.

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 09:31:41 PM »
Wigs are fun but that mullet wig is stupid and it's not to cover being bald! Actually wigs are more itchy with a shaven head than with a full head of hair.

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 09:52:44 PM »

The idea never crossed my mind.

If I wanted hair up there, I wouldn't have shaved my head in the first place.

'Nuff said.

- Cap'n Noodles -
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:57:39 PM by Noodles »

austinsly

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 09:58:58 PM »
Ryan: I don't understand.

Kevo: you are probably right about the itch factor on the bald head, although I'm sure there is a way to get around that. An afro would be another sweet one. Dude the mullet look is a good one too!

I know halloween is coming up soon and there should be plenty of wigs to choose from, but I'm sure the quality will be low. I know of one wig shop I drive by all the time but I bet they cost way too much.

austinsly

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 10:01:08 PM »
Noodles: I'm not talking about all the time, just when the mood strikes me. Anyways, it was just a thought.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 10:12:48 PM »
Ryan: I don't understand.

The fact that a topic such as this is even mentioned and entertained on this forum IMO is just beyond lame.

austinsly, by all means wear a wig, make sure you say "It rubs the lotion on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again" while your sporting it.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:19:15 PM by RyanJP »

austinsly

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 10:19:40 PM »
Ryan, come on, relax. Are you telling me wigs are not a valid topic of discussion for this site? I mean, I know this site is all about being bald and proud, but I did not think anyone would think it was silly or ofensive to discuss objectively about wigs for christ's sake. I'm sorry if it offended, bothered or annoyed you.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 10:30:37 PM »
Ryan, come on, relax. Are you telling me wigs are not a valid topic of discussion for this site? I mean, I know this site is all about being bald and proud, but I did not think anyone would think it was silly or ofensive to discuss objectively about wigs for christ's sake. I'm sorry if it offended, bothered or annoyed you.

No need to apologize, you're right about wigs being discussed here on the forum, by members who have basically broke away from wearing one. You're talking about wearing different wigs as if you're going out to have a good time and you also mentioned that it had nothing to do with being bald......
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:34:52 PM by RyanJP »

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 11:31:21 PM »
Not an option I'd ever consider.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 05:09:51 AM »
I don't find the topic or the discussion offensive but I do find this portion of your statement offensive:

for christ's sake.

Let's try to keep it civil guys. If you don't like the topic just move along......... no rules have been broken.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 06:46:00 AM »
OH PULLL_LEEZZZ

What this site needs is a good 'permanently block' feature

A new poster,  with 10 total posts, of which one half of them, to this point is this dumb thread

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:48:04 AM by cvasara »

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 06:50:19 AM »
As a costume for Mardi Gras or Halloween, yeah-could be fun.  I've seen "toupees" in costume shops that were so unmercifully bad that they were funny--then you see some jerk on the street thinking he's got the world fooled and he's wearing something almost as bad.  Then, there are the Washington politicians & Hollywood actors who obviously wear some of the worst rugs on the planet--they look so hard they could double as battle helmets--but then maybe that's the reason they do it.