Author Topic: nagging anti sly gf  (Read 13011 times)

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
Re: nagging anti sly gf
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 02:21:41 AM »
If your girl is like most others...you will need to lay it all out for her. Explain to her that you dont just like the look, but the way it makes you feel. Growing your hair out will affect you self esteem in a negative way, which will result in negativity dealing with everything around you (and you love her too much to let that happen  O:O ). Make sure she knows you do value her opinion, but on this issue, your own opinion is the one you have to go by.  If she doesnt eat that up, i dunno what to tell ya!  :-\

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 06:22:50 AM »
The question is, does she love YOU or just your hair??

If she loves YOU she'll love you whatever hairstyle you've got.

If she doesnt like the hairstyle, then she doesnt like YOU. It's a personal insult to you and that's the bottom line, hard as it is to accept... That's what I've always thought.

So kick her into touch and find someone who loves you for YOU and not your hair. 8)

Offline rcg5227

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 10:02:25 PM »
I guess I am lucky here. My wife just told me, after rubbing my head, "I love to a bald man's head." That's the girl you need to look for.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100913/samp9b3884feb623b6eb.jpg[/img] [/url]

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 01:43:34 AM »
My wife is very supportive. It sure helps when your significant other is on your side.

Offline baldguynextdoor

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 11:12:47 AM »

I don't think the problem here is your haircut.  I think the problem is that your girl is apparently oblivious or indifferent to what's going on with you (dealing with encroaching baldness), insensitive to your feelings, and controlling.  And those issues aren't going to be restricted to your hair. 

I'd consider the behavior a big fat engraved invitation to run for the hills myself. 

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 12:50:21 PM »
Sounds like it's time for her to "walk the plank".

Today it's your hair.....what will she be on your back about tomorrow??....

I guess it really depends upon your feelings for this woman and if you think this is a relationship worth saving.

If it's worth saving, maybe a compromise needs to be reached - one that you both can live with, like....

She quits nagging you about shaving your head and you'll let her live!! (LOL)

- Cap'n Noodles -
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 01:03:36 PM by Noodles »

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 03:01:53 PM »
Try some honesty with her. Women find vulnerability attractive and admitting to her that shaving your head is your solution to the self esteem issue that is thinning hair SHOULD make her feel:

1) Closer to you. Since you are confiding your private fears about hair loss to her and no one else.
2) Sympathetic toward your situation. How would she feel if SHE had an unstoppable/unchangable/uncontrollable condition that altered her look? Wouldn't she expect you to love and support her no matter what?
3) Embarrassed for being so shallow. If she came home with a bad haircut, you'd be expected to be supportive. It's a two way street.

If, on the other hand, you are open and honest and she STILL has a problem with your choice of haircut, then she simply is not the girl for you. You are young and have lots of time and women in front of you. You deserve better than such shallow, superficial, judgmental treatment.

We all do.
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 03:38:23 PM »
If she can insult you into growing your hair back, she can control your every move that she desires of you.  Like the others have said, its time for a new GF or just be single.  Another woman will come along that loves your dome, and you for who you are, not who they want to change you to be for them.

Offline philp

• Sly
    • Young Hair Loss
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 05:26:15 AM »
What Rob said. If having hair is a make or break issue for her, then you should move on. Not worth it.

Offline Arty Chris

• Sly
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 06:47:46 AM »
I have to agree with pretty much everything above! (These guys are all very wise!)

Is a hairstyle more important than a person? If it is to her, then what does that say about her?

Anyway, she should value someone with a cool sly look! :) 

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 07:45:15 AM »
The last two weeks though she's brought it up three or four times and has gotten insulting. I think next times she brings it up I'll tell her to lose 20 pounds then I'll grow it back.

Sounds to me like it's already over and the two of you just can't figure out how to tell one another.  She's being insulting, you're thinking of ways to insult her in return.  Not good.

You don't have to have a knock down, drag out, drama filled fight to end a relationship.

Exactly. All you have to do is sit down with her in a public place (restaurant) and explain that "hey, I don't make you happy.....you don't make me happy, maybe it's time we went our separate ways". Don't forget to throw in a "you're beautiful, don't ever change" right before you excuse yourself to go to the men's room. At this point head out the back door and stick her with the bill. 
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011, 10:09:07 AM »
Question :/O. this thread has been dormant for more than 6 months.  The original poster hasn't been back--why in heaven's name open up a dead issue? 

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 12:11:13 PM »
Question :/O. this thread has been dormant for more than 6 months.  The original poster hasn't been back--why in heaven's name open up a dead issue? 

Because the infinite wisdom of Sly knows no expiration date. ;)
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 01:00:28 PM »
Not only that, this topic could show up in a Google search for someone searching for help on the same topic. I don't think there's any harm in adding insight to posts that are older. Once posted to the Internet, information never dies!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 01:30:58 PM »
Sort of like a package of Twinkies.