Author Topic: Is it true that if you buzz down...  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Nate

• Sly Jr.
Is it true that if you buzz down...
« on: August 06, 2010, 06:32:37 PM »
For guys with thinnign hair and its not shocking but still obviously thinning

Is it really true that buzzing down to a number 2 or 1 makes it less obvious really or does it heighten the obviousness

Your thoughts as I am sure there are alot of guys on here who did the transition thing

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Is it true that if you buzz down...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 07:04:20 PM »
I buzzed from a #4 on 9/7/07 to a 0 on 10/11/07 and shaved that morning.  Never regreted anything but the delay--do this you will and can be free of the angst.

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 07:24:38 PM »
No it hides it in a way since your hairs so short no one really notices vs. having your hair grown out and the thin gaps look obvious.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Nate

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 07:33:20 PM »
Fk my stupid HT scar!!!!

Sorry guys had to just say that

All my uncles are older (obviously) over 50 bordering 60 with huge balding thinning and spots. Wouldnt it be cool to be the first total shaved guy ;) Gotta grow some nuts

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 08:02:42 PM »
Being the first you could start a cool trend in your family.  O0
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 08:09:22 PM »
It depends on how thin your hair has become.  There comes a time when you've lost so much hair that nothing disguises it -- and you are going to be showing a lot of scalp whether or not you buzz your hair.  If the thinning is only moderate then buzzing it tends to de-emphasize the balding areas.

But the truth is, all of this is really irrelevant.  Your hair is thinning and will continue to thin.  You're going to end up buzzing it sooner or later.  Postponing the inevitable just gives you more time to worry and obsess over it.  If you get it over with now, then you've dealt with it, you feel much better and you move on.  Yes, it can be a little scary, but it won't be any less scary in the future.  The biggest regret most people have is not buzzing or shaving their hair sooner.  So learn from the mistakes of others, don't repeat them.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 12:00:56 AM »
Balding is very common, but I think people draw more attention to themselves if they let their hair grow because the bald spot is more noticeable, and in my opinion, looks ridiculous.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 08:10:34 AM »
I tend to think a buzz is slightly better than a comb-over, but it doesnt in my opinion hide the fact you're balding, just accentuates it.  SLY can happen whether you're bald or not, but no one is going to buzz down and leave bald patches in between on purpose, so it sort of shows up the bald patches more, IMO 8)