Author Topic: New to all of this  (Read 6959 times)

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
Re: New to all of this
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 10:04:38 AM »
Sunscreen check, I don't want to peel and then have a freckly scalp. I'm using SPF 55, do you think  that's too strong of a sunscreen? Does Sea Breeze work well as an astringent? I saw people had used it on other boards

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 10:17:52 AM »
Sunscreen check, I don't want to peel and then have a freckly scalp. I'm using SPF 55, do you think  that's too strong of a sunscreen? Does Sea Breeze work well as an astringent? I saw people had used it on other boards
No problem, if it feels good that will work fine--I really like the ones that don't go on greasy or become greasy--it's a personal thing.  Although I do like shine!  My wife isn't 100% in support to put it mildly, but she wants me to wear sunscreen so sometimes just to mess with her I use a spray that really puts on a powerful gleam, sparkling, and I get a kick out of her response!   >:D  Generally, I use something that's not quite so shiney, but I'll sacrifice shine for sun protection if I'm going to be in the sun.  I really haven't found a hat that feels all that great in the summer, so it means I really pay attention to the sunscreen. 

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 01:19:20 PM »
My sunblock is a powdery-ish kind. My skin is greasy to begin with (or else i wouldn't have had all the gunk in my hair) so I've always used the kind that isn't as greasy. I don't have a husband to tell me if I should be shiney or not, so I'll do what I like for now. Right now I'm not really too concerned with how shiney my head is.

The bad thing is that it's cloudy in Boston today so I'll stay pale another day, and the worst part is I have a date tonight who is very handsome. He's already seen pictures of me shaved so I don't think the paleness is the problem. I think it's funny I'm more worried about being pale than bald though. 

The good thing is, you guys weren't lying about how being Sly can help with the bumps. My head is already looking much better after using the Sea Breeze astringent.  With no hair there, I can take care of it, and there's no hair to absorb the gunk in there. My head doesn't feel itchy anymore, and I feel so much more comfortable shaved.

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 01:51:11 PM »
Congratulation on tking the leap.

I am the same way, still have hair, but love the shaved feel and look.

My Nickname is Sometimer, but I am more like allthetimer, or mostofthetimer now. ;-)

Greatings
Sometimer

Offline TomKat

• This is not an infomercial
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 01:51:57 PM »
SaintC mentions one of the top rated sunscreens according to consumer reports.  Read more here:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,593514,00.html

I picked some up (and 8 and an 85) at walgreens

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 02:32:18 PM »
Thanks for the help! Let me know if there's anything else that looks good to use on the head.

Anyone have any good ideas how to tan this pale head of mine? Any threads I'm missing?

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 10:55:58 PM »
I see lots of people mentioning Jergens Natural Glow lotion.   That and a few days out in the sun without a hat should do you well.

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 12:44:13 AM »
Thank you TomKat! I think I've already got the sun screen I need for right now. I may pick up some of the banana boat dry stuff if I pass by a Wal Greens or something. Like I said, today is pretty cloudy in Boston so I don't really need it. I think it's cool we went

I'm really loving the attention I'm getting with my shaved head. Like when I went for a job interview several people kept on asking me if I needed to be helped. I'm a leo so I'm glad to have more presence!

Offline wetherb67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 07:01:59 AM »
I see lots of people mentioning Jergens Natural Glow lotion.   That and a few days out in the sun without a hat should do you well.

I'm using that as well, along with CVS Healing Lotion.  It's the only one I've found that works well on the face and keeps the skin under the goatee from flaking.
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=689303&productId=689303&navAction=jump&navCount=3

I also use Bald Guys Moisture Gel right after shaving.
Qualify to try new brands for free....
http://h5.sml360.com/-/2o9xe

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 10:12:37 AM »
Wow the skin under your goatee flakes? I tried doing facial hair but it doesn't look like me. It looks too masculine for me I guess, and it always itches when my facial hair grows out. I was afraid that my head was going to itch when my hair grows back (or at least attempt to ;).