Author Topic: WARHAWK's review of the new GILLETTE "proglide"  (Read 4933 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
WARHAWK's review of the new GILLETTE "proglide"
« on: June 11, 2010, 09:41:26 PM »
hello fellow chrome domes:  last week (june 4, 2010)... to satisfy my curiosity... i purchased the "proglide" manual razor.  i prefer the manual vs the power razors.  anyways... after about a week of "test" driving this razor.  i can say that i have good news and bad news regarding GILLETTE's new razor.

the good news is that this razor gave a gr8 smoooooth head shave.  however, the bad news is that it is very expensive.  for example:  the current wal-mart price for this razor is $8.98 & the 4-count manual is $15.97 and the 4-count power is $17.47. >:( :/O :/O :/O

all in all... the razor gave my dome a gr8 smooth, comfortable shave but the price will prevent me from being a returning customer.  4 now... i'm sticking with my FAVORITE 3:  schick hydro 5, fusion (manual), and the M5.  O0

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: WARHAWK's review of the new GILLETTE "proglide"
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 08:06:47 AM »
They will charge as high as the public is willing to pay. :px
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
Cap'n Noodles' review of the new GILLETTE "proglide"
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 07:05:57 AM »
I couldn't agree more, guys!!

I test drove the new Fusion Proglide also, and while it does deliver a "bone close" type shave, it is rather a bit on the $$$ side for the replacement blades[/color], as Warhawk mentioned above!   :P

For those of you who already own a "Fusion razor handle" (and most of us do), the Proglide blades fit on the old fusion handles w/no problem. So, if you decide to give this razor a shot, instead of spending the $8 on a new handle that only comes w/2 extra blades, I suggest just buying the pack of blades to use with what you already own!

But overall, I don't see any MAJOR differences between this new proglide series and the original as far as performance -  they BOTH give a great shave...

Hopefully, a place like SAM'S CLUB will have these blades a bit less expensive, but then again, I view Sam's as Wal-Mart on steroids!   :D

-Cap'n Noodles-

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
"OUCH..."
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 07:54:59 PM »
When in CVS recently, I priced the replacement blades for Gillette's New Razor, PRO-GLIDE!!

I can sum up my curiousity in ONE word....

ZOINKS!....

Around $28 for a pack of 8 blades!!!

In this case, "curiosity" not only killed the cat, but took an extra couple of whacks at it to make sure it was 10-7!!  :x!

Sheesh!! Talked about getting raked over the coals!!...

-Cap'n Noodles-

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 08:50:30 AM by Noodles »

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 09:12:39 PM »
I guess greatness has it's price! ;)  If you want the latest, greatest, neatest thing, you have to pay.  The question is can you find it cheaper somewhere else? 
Well, guys, let's see who can come up with the cheapest price for Noodle's new Pro-glide!   O:O
Can someone check out the usual places and report back?    ???
How about on line?  Any deals on the Internet, E-Bay, etc?   ???

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 11:24:18 PM »
Considering how many shaves I get out of one fusion blade's ( 5-6 ) I don't think the price is that bad....

Gillette is a cursed name here in regards to there marketing, tactics and price(s) but they work well.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 07:14:10 AM »
I just don't see it.  I thought it was over priced and it sucked.  I chouldn't get a close shave no matter how many passes I made. >:(

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 10:05:14 AM »
What I find is funny about the Proglide is that in the commercial they basically say that the Fusion sucks and this is so much better.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 10:57:12 AM »
I'm sticking with my Mach III.  I also tried the fusion and like it, but I agree with the others.  Too expensive.  :/O

GASlick

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 04:39:52 PM »
I too have tried the ProGlide.  I really like it, but the regular Fusion I always use does the same thing. 

I will say one thing though, It seems that I don't have stubble as quickly with the ProGlide. 

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 07:34:50 PM »
What I find is funny about the Proglide is that in the commercial they basically say that the Fusion sucks and this is so much better.

LOL.....but the fusion does suck and this is so much better, believe the commercials T  :*))

Enter your email address: