Author Topic: The Custom Plus 3 Trick  (Read 33129 times)

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
Re: The Custom Plus 3 Trick
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2010, 04:28:57 AM »
I've seen them at Meijer also if there any around your way....if i remember right, they were a little more expensive though.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2011, 12:50:16 PM »
I know I am a little late to the party on this one but I have to give my two cents on this "trick." I bought a pack of the Custom Plus 3 disposable razors to try this out. I am very impressed. It was a much closer shave than what I got with the Sensor Excel doubles I usually use. Also, and more importantly, I was surprised at how fewer times I had to go over spots that other razors typically missed. This means that I am getting less irritation because I am not having to go over spots as many times.

The best thing about this is that the cost per blade worked out to ~$1.50/ea.

All in all, this trick offers a great shave and saves money!

Thanks for posting it.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2011, 02:41:37 PM »
Doug your never too late! Glad you liked it. I have been using this method for about a year now. I've used the blue and the green ones. Don't know the difference but I like the blue ones the best. Probably because they are at Wal-mart and I don't have to make a special trip to Walgreen's. :-) 

Offline marcx

• Sly
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2011, 02:59:13 PM »
I got them at walgreens after running out of my cvs store brand--much appier with these :) :@`

Offline ynmaker

• Sly Jr.
  • Any idiot can take a good pic w/ a digital camera!
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2011, 03:43:10 PM »
I've been using this trick since last summer too.   I'm also very happy with the results.  Lately I've been putting a few drop of alcohol on the blades to make them last 10+ days instead of only a week.  I think it helps, but it may just be my imagination.
I wish Gillette would sell the blades alone in bulk with out handles and packaging.  It seem like a waste to trash most of what you buy just to get the blades.  I did e-mail them from their website and ask.   Got a reply that looked like a general form reply.

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2011, 01:59:22 PM »
Can anyone tell me if these razors are available in the uk, coz gillette have just upped there prices on sensor 3 blades by a wopping 2 quid  O0

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2011, 02:43:58 PM »
Bought a packet of sensor 3 disposables today, [ could not find the custom 3 disposables in any local uk retailers] i am wondering if these are the same razors with a different name for the uk market. the blades snap on the black adapter just fine, will post results in the next week or so, BOOTS are selling the sensor 3 disposables at half price at the moment, so thats two packs for the prise of one  O0 O0 O0

Offline jsdb

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2011, 08:08:40 AM »
Is anyone having troubles with "glide" when using the Custom Plus 3 Trick?
In the past I have always used the HeadBlade Triples. They have always glided very smooth over my noggin.
I recently started using the Custom Plus 3 Trick to save on cost, but I have noticed that the razor does not slide smoothly over the top of my head. It feels like a very jagged and bumpy ride.
I like the cost savings, but don't feel I am getting as smooth of a shave.
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I use HeadSlick and apply with a badger hair brush.

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2011, 11:51:51 PM »
I add several drops of secret shave oil in with the headslick then apply that mixuture with a brush.....no real glide issues for me unless it is a couple days inbetween shaves...which is rare for me.

Offline marcx

• Sly
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2011, 07:07:45 AM »
I used to do the same thing  with mixing the oil in but I found it works even betterif I rub a few drops of the shave oil direct on my noggin and then apply headslick after...

Offline RayzorBlade

• Sly Jr.
  • Shave Your Dome
    • Rayzor Blade
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2011, 08:08:51 PM »
You can also use the CP3's on the Rayzor Blade. I prefer Sensor3 over CP3 but you can't beat the cost of CP3.

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2011, 03:22:46 AM »
Can anyone tell me if these razors are available in the uk, coz gillette have just upped there prices on sensor 3 blades by a wopping 2 quid  O0

Have you been able to find them in the UK or elswhere in Europe?
Thanks

Offline Electric Rider

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2012, 09:58:22 PM »
I'm about to get a Head Blade Sport to try  but was worried about costly replacement blades. If I can still find these blades for sale, I'll try em. I'd also like to try these with a Rayzor Blade and compare the two.

A Google search of the Gillette Custom Plus3, shows at least some walmarts and walmart online still carry them.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2012, 10:51:55 PM »
Wow.  I haven't been on here in ages.  I'm still using the CP3's I just don't use the headblade much. 8)

Offline Electric Rider

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2012, 11:10:05 PM »
Got my HeadBlade tonight and a pack of CP3's. 5 bucks for 4 at Walmart - this was the last pack left. Apparently they are popular. The Headblade Sport I found at Walgreens for 12.99

I Loved it. It gave a very close shave. It seems as close as my Schick Hydro 5. I can see it being even better once I get used to the headblade. I haven't tried the headblade triple blade that came with the unit. After a lil more practice, I can really see how the headblade would cut lots of time off your head shaving.