Author Topic: have you had to redefine your range after going bald?  (Read 10472 times)

Offline magnus

• Sly Guy in Training
  • getting a buzz cut this summer!
have you had to redefine your range after going bald?
« on: May 03, 2010, 04:29:55 PM »
may sound silly to some of you, but still want to ask:

right now i generally aim for women that are about 7 to 8 on a scale of 10, and am pretty confident that if they reject me it will at least not be based on my looks. but after you go bald, is it your experience that you have to go down a few notches and play in a lower league? or should you approach the same women?

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: have you had to redefine your range after going bald?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 04:58:44 PM »
Wow. Just wow.

"Aim" for the woman you are attracted to. It's pretty simple.

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 05:16:16 PM »
    For now i recommend you start with the 1 to 6 women .  
    I`ll handle the 7 to 10 women for ya .  
                                                                        O0
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:18:14 PM by aarrggh »

Offline magnus

• Sly Guy in Training
  • getting a buzz cut this summer!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 05:23:08 PM »
i know you're all bald and proud and that's great, and so will i be in time. still, it's a legitimate question and something a lot of guys that go bald in their 20s worry about. so some serious answers would be great.

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 05:40:23 PM »
Well :: There just was no way too top what " bootedbear " said . .    :)

Pshrynk

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 05:41:15 PM »
Any woman who would reject you based on your follicular situation wouldn't be worth much anyways  ;)

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 05:45:31 PM »
My answer was completely serious.

You are what you project. If you go around thinking "I'm a loser! Don't look at me!" that's exactly what you're going project, and that's how people will view you.

Don't sell yourself short. You're no more "damaged goods" whether you have hair or not.

That's what the message around all these "confidence" discussions comes down to. How you view yourself is key to how others view you.

Don't settle. Don't lower your sites. Don't downgrade yourself. There's no reason to, and doing so makes yourself your own worst enemy.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 08:14:08 PM by bootedbear »

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 05:45:56 PM »
I think Jimmy Soul  sums it up pretty well.
Don't know who Jimmy Soul is?
Go Ahead, Goggle him

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 06:40:25 PM »
No dude, you're looking at the situation wrong.  Bootedbear is definitely correct. 

If anything I feel like I can pull even more attractive women now that I've shaved my head.  And it has nothing to do with my physical appearance.  Confidence, bro.

And lol@aarrggh.  You take the 7s and 9s and I'll take the 8s and 10s.  8)
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 09:17:31 PM »
We're all programmed to think that everybody looks better with a full head of hair, but a lot of guys actually look better bald.  Thinning hair or a severely receded hairline never look good, but a shaved head suits a lot of guys (more than you might think), so you need to stop thinking about it as a negative thing. 

Shave the dome and make whatever other alterations to your appearance that you need to in order to look your best -- i.e., grow facial hair, upgrade wardrobe, get in shape.  The end result may be very different from the mental image you've had of yourself, but change can be good.  You don't have to be a pretty boy in order to be attractive.

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 09:53:21 PM »
may sound silly to some of you, but still want to ask:

right now i generally aim for women that are about 7 to 8 on a scale of 10, and am pretty confident that if they reject me it will at least not be based on my looks. but after you go bald, is it your experience that you have to go down a few notches and play in a lower league? or should you approach the same women?
this is hardly a legitimate question. you're rating women based on appearances, which is extremely shallow and I despise people that do that..

no offense
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 05:17:05 AM »
Nothing to do with being "bald and proud' or not. It's more about not putting people in boxes. If you've looked around the forum, you'll know that we have a lot of members dealing with self-image and judgment issues. Guys who don't want to be seen as being defined by their hair, or their looks or what have you. This kind of community tends to react poorly to judgments of that kind being made here. 

Besides, any kind of a scale being used is going to be subjective to the person making the scale.

Example: If you are only attracted to blonds, then the hottest possible brunette is never going to be a "10" for you. How about just going out, meeting people and letting nature take it's course without putting people into categories or rating them?

Maybe the best question isn't "should I change my range?", but rather "Can I stop rating people?"

Just a thought.
~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 05:35:03 AM »
Dude.... this is the second thread you've made recently (IMO) that makes you look like a very shallow guy. Maybe instead of changing your "range", you should re-think your attitudes about some things in life. By over looking what you might call the "1-6 range" you may be over looking some very interesting people.

A little story here:

When I was in my late twenties I dated a woman that was part of a large group of women that were all great friends. They did everything together. There were 9 or 10 women in that group and every one of them was an "8 or 9"... And none of them had boyfriends, husbands, or significant others. Most of them complained about being alone.
At first I wondered why and even talked to most of them about it. It became apparent very quickly what the problem was...... they judged men much the same way you judge women.
A few of them even told me that at first they couldn't believe that their friend was dating me (though they all agreed now that I was a "good catch").
It was mind boggling to me that these intelligent women would limit the men they found interesting by looks. Unbelievable.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Polarbear

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 06:40:18 AM »
Hi Magnus,

No of course, league doesn't change. You can be in any league, no matter what hairstyle you have, as long as you believe that you are good enough for it (confidence)

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 06:51:00 AM »
From personal experience (2 ex-wives,  both varsity cheerleaders and beauty queens -  State Misses and one top 10 Miss America) -- looks don't buy you anything.   Its about the whole package.   I'd rather have a 4.5 who is an incredible person and fun to be around than a 9.72 who is drop dead gorgeous and somewhat crazy (I speaketh from experience, trust me on that one).   Society puts so much weight on looks -- I look forward to the day when the beauty industry crumbles as people finally realize that painting yourself up doesn't get you anything. 

For me -- I'll go for the one who smiles back at me in the bar.   I don't care what number she is. 

Enter your email address: