Author Topic: BaldRob's P90X Update  (Read 23960 times)

BaldRob

BaldRob's P90X Update
« on: April 22, 2010, 09:40:17 AM »
So, those of you that are on Facebook probably see my P90x daily updates...  For those of you that aren't on Facebook, here's the lowdown!

I am currently in my 7th week of the Lean program.  I wanted to get rid of the belly fat and trim down before I started the classic program.

Before I started, I found some jeans and pants that I haven't worn (or been able to wear) in over 4 years... needless to say, they still didn't fit at all!  Couldn't even come close to getting the button closed...

Now, 7 weeks in, I am comfortably into those jeans/pants... and one of the pairs, I need a belt so they don't fall down too low!

With just over 6 more weeks to go, I'm definitely going to be shopping for new jeans soon!

Of course, I have been eating right as well... I wouldn't have gotten the results I have so far if I had continued to eat the way I was!  Nutrition is a key part of any workout program to get the results that you want...

If anyone has any P90x questions, feel free to ask... I'll help out as much as I can!!

BRING IT!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: BaldRob's P90X Update
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 10:10:15 AM »
Nice going, Rob....P90X ROCKS!!!

It's amazing how "sore" you can be after just doing 1/3 or less of just the Yoga-X DVD!!!  Not to mention the other killer workouts.  Tony H. is the Sh***

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 12:56:28 PM »
OK, I need to do something.
I've become the former BaldRob (just better looking).

[move]CONGRATS, BRO!!!! [/move]

P@^

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 01:13:42 PM »
yea p90x is a solid fat burning workout. hope you have continued success with it.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 04:42:16 PM »
I bought the package -- including the beach bar -- and just haven't had the guts to start.   Are you using weights or the bands?   I bought the bands but wonder if they're as effective as weights?

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 09:45:08 PM »
You look great(as I eat a Gargantuan from Jimmy John's with extra mayo and avocado)...I'm sure your looking even better(as I sip a beer) since I saw you...what a week ago?  Thanks for the tips on INSANITY...(as I go for a large Blizzard at DQ)...

BaldRob

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 06:52:30 AM »
I bought the package -- including the beach bar -- and just haven't had the guts to start.   Are you using weights or the bands?   I bought the bands but wonder if they're as effective as weights?

It doesn't take guts to start... you just have to wake up one day and say "I'm starting this today!"

Right now, I'm using mostly weights...  I do use the bands however for the back (read: pullups) portion.  I'm weak on pullups and decided that during the "Lean" program, I would use the alternate method.  Once I start the "Classic", I will be doing the pullups...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 11:29:55 PM »

It doesn't take guts to start... you just have to wake up one day and say "I'm starting this today!"

Right now, I'm using mostly weights...  I do use the bands however for the back (read: pullups) portion.  I'm weak on pullups and decided that during the "Lean" program, I would use the alternate method.  Once I start the "Classic", I will be doing the pullups...

I just obtained a copy and I'm going to do the same thing - lean program with bands.  Then I'll work up to the pull ups.  Thanks for the tip!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldRob

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 06:10:07 PM »
Midway through week 11 and still going strong (and getting stronger and losing weight!)  I did miss one day due to not being able to carry my weights with me in my carryon bag on a work trip, but I made that day up the next day and added in an extra cardio too!

Haven't jumped on the scale since the end of week 8, but I was down a total of 27 pounds at that point.  I will give a final update at the end of week 13 before I take a week off and start the "Classic" program!

Bring it!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 07:28:14 AM »
Midway through week 11 and still going strong (and getting stronger and losing weight!)  I did miss one day due to not being able to carry my weights with me in my carryon bag on a work trip, but I made that day up the next day and added in an extra cardio too!

Haven't jumped on the scale since the end of week 8, but I was down a total of 27 pounds at that point.  I will give a final update at the end of week 13 before I take a week off and start the "Classic" program!

Bring it!!

Yeah, ROBBO!!!   !B@ P@^

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 07:56:14 AM »
Way to go, Rob!

I need to do something....I'm probably in the worst shape of my life right now.

BaldRob

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 03:21:33 PM »
Week 12 started today... and since my jeans have definitely become a lot looser over the last 11 weeks, I stopped at a store to buy a couple new pairs...

When I started this back in March, I was a solid 38 (and 40 in some cuts).... the jeans I bought today (that fit awesome) are...

Wait for it...

!B@ P@^ B*) d5c*

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 06:19:06 PM »
AWESOME!!!

Offline DrewH

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 05:31:09 PM »
I'm curious about this.

My sister and her fiancĂ©e do P90X so I'm vaguely familiar with the concept, but what is this "lean program"?  Because that's what I need to do.  I've been so lethargic and lazy these last couple years (and a few too many college binges, if you know what I'm sayin), that I feel like whenever I work out I'm just not in shape enough TO work out.  Like I'm having to over compensate various muscle flexes and as a result its messing up my form and routine.  I've thought about just going on strict cardio or something to just lose some off the top so I can actually get down to working the real stuff, but this sounds like a far better alternative.

Is it something included in the P90X box or is it something sold separately?
Sly since May 21, 2010!

BaldRob

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »
It's just a different way of doing the program...  The book and the calendar give you the details for each program: Classic, Lean, and Doubles.

Lean is more cardio and less weights...