Author Topic: Question to those with MPB  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
Question to those with MPB
« on: April 18, 2010, 10:54:13 AM »
Hi All,

As with many who have MPB I have done plenty of research over the years, for various reasons, first to find a miracle cure, and then latterly to learn how to keep the noggin in good order. 

One question I have always had is:

When you developed the defined horseshoe pattern and all the obvious thinning and receeding had been done. i.e. top gone or close to going, did the shape of your hairline alter significantly from that point or are the sides and the back somehow immune to MPB?  A question more out of curiosity than anything else. 

A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

benmcd

Re: Question to those with MPB
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 11:52:36 AM »
I understand that the hair on the sides and back of your head are not genetically effected by DHT which causes the hair on the top of your head to become thin and eventually bald.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 12:12:24 PM »
My brother-in-law has a horseshoe for many years. It is still getting smaller and thinner. He's almost 70.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 01:17:22 PM »
I think the horseshoe tends to get lower over time.  I caught a glimpse of the back of my head in the mirror a few months ago and I was shocked at how much lower the bald area had extended. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 01:27:39 PM »
The Hamilton-Norwood Scale [ see:  http://www.themeter.net/norwood_e.htm ]
would indicate that it continues to thin until there is just a narrow rim.  H/o, although I haven't grown it out in more than 2 1/2 years, I can "feel" stubble but I can't see a shadow on top anymore.  There used to be two spots in front and a lighter but defined strap between the ears.  This has gone. 
I have seen some guys w/ just thin wisps growing on top--that is almost as bad as a combover.  One of my wife's cousins won't shave, but lets the barber "clean up" the top so that only the "thick" stuff on the horseshoe is left--yeah my wife has crazy relatives, in New Orleans Tennessee Williams didn't invent a thing, he just took good notes.
My father's hair just keept getting thinner until he had very little at all when he died at 95.  It most likely varies depending on your genetics.  I had a skin top uncle, looked real bad.  There's no hard and fast rule. 

Enter your email address: