Author Topic: FINALLY! I FEEL GREAT!  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Tomistoma21

• Learning the way of Sly
FINALLY! I FEEL GREAT!
« on: April 16, 2010, 02:32:48 AM »
Well, tonight I finally did it.  It was a little random, but I just grabbed the buzzer and started shaving.  I'm not quite shiny sly, but close.  I feel amazing!  No more making excuses for running to the bathroom ("I just need a tissue," "I think there's something stuck in my teeth," etc.) to check my hair.  No more worrying about wind or rain.  No more holding back from playing sports.  no more letting my hair run my life!  I feel great, thank you all so much for all of your help, it really means a lot.

Polarbear

Re: FINALLY! I FEEL GREAT!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 02:36:57 AM »
Congrats! I feel happy for you!

stemikger

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 03:23:13 AM »
There is nothing like letting go and being free of the insecurity that was holding you back.  Now go and conquer the world!!!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 11:04:14 AM »
Good for you Tomistoma!, you're finally free, now get out there and enjoy life.    O0

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 11:30:42 AM »
Awesome! Welcome to your new freedom. Get a before and after pic up so we can oooh and ahhh.
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 11:48:48 AM »
Welcome, and it's only better w/ a blade.  Read the boards on how to shave, and experience the ultimate.

Offline Philip

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 05:23:05 PM »
Hey man! We buzzed down our hair the same week, i did just the same on monday! It's such a relief not to worry the slightest bit about your hair anymore. I've already hit the public swimming pool with great pleasure since monday. Anyways congrats and enjoy  O0

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 06:34:17 PM »
Congratulations Tomistoma21. Glad you could join us!  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

stemikger

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 06:39:01 PM »
Posted by Philip
Hey man! We buzzed down our hair the same week, i did just the same on monday! It's such a relief not to worry the slightest bit about your hair anymore. I've already hit the public swimming pool with great pleasure since monday. Anyways congrats and enjoy 

Hey Phil, first let me say you look great.  Before coming back to these boards I was wearing the short crew and doing it myself once a week for years.  However, since I have been back, I'm shaving it bald every other day.  It gets very addicting.  I'm not letting it grow back for 30 days and seeing how it goes.

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 07:27:55 PM »
Welcome to the group and the sly life!  You're gonna love it!

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 03:41:07 AM »
Congratulations!  !B@
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Philip

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 11:07:53 AM »

Hey Phil, first let me say you look great.  Before coming back to these boards I was wearing the short crew and doing it myself once a week for years.  However, since I have been back, I'm shaving it bald every other day.  It gets very addicting.  I'm not letting it grow back for 30 days and seeing how it goes.

Thank you Stemikger, it's very nice of you  :) you look cool bald too! I think it's only a matter of time before i try the complete shave, being curious by nature i will want to know how i look completely smooth sooner or later. I'll sport the buzz cut for a little while before to get used to my new aerodynamic self.
How much time does it take you in "maintenance" every other day?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 11:20:38 AM »
How much time does it take you in "maintenance" every other day?

That was one of my main concerns when I was hanging on the fence.  At first, it does take time, but the learning curve is very steep and the time to clean up the dome w/ a blade becomes something between 5 & 10 minutes over and above any face shaving--depending on how elaborate and carved any facial hair may be.  The maintenance time wound up not being an issue at all. 

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 11:38:32 AM »
There are more drastic changes in one's life than going SLY (see my current picture), but welcome to the group.  If you have gone nearly there, what's to stop you from all the way?  Out with razor; on with the lather; off with the bristle!

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2010, 12:45:25 PM »
Enjoy the new feeling of SLY BALD - - -I love having a SLICK MELON