Author Topic: Back of head/upper neck  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Xan_Kriegor

• Learning the way of Sly
Back of head/upper neck
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:54:14 AM »
Hi Eeryone, I got a question and I hope this is the right section for it, apologies in advance if it ain't.
I been sly for about 9 days or so now, and before this I been shaving my head to a short crew cut for about 4 years.
I use the fusion 5 blade with the headslick cream (tried headblade against the grain but I got a lot of cuts with it) and follow up with a cold water rinse/ice cube and then some after shave moisturizer.

anway I used to be kind of overweight (still am a little bit but I'm working on it :D) and I find I have some folds in the back of my neck/lower dome area and sometimes when I'm shaving I get cut there (not all the time) and I just wondering if there a way to avoid this.  I'm sure some of it comes with practice, since I've read some of you do yer whole head in the shower.   I tried just going with the grain, but it still gets kind of irritated around this area.  I am gonna get some alcohol free witch hazel soon and hopefully that will help.
 Does anyone else have this kind of problem? will these folds go away as I lose weight, or is it just the shape of my head? lol

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Back of head/upper neck
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 09:45:36 AM »
Bend your head forward... as if you are looking down.... chin toward chest. This will smooth out those wrinkles.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 11:31:48 AM »
What Mike said .... Plus ... You can also place your non-razor-wielding hand on top of your dome, apply a little pressure and pull towards your forehead. This will tighten the skin even more.
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 01:02:04 PM »
What Mike said should help smooth out the creases in the lower head and neck area. You don't need to use a mirror for the back , just go by feel. Also skip a day or 2 between shaves give the skin a chance to heal.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."