Author Topic: Amazing statistic  (Read 1607 times)

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
Amazing statistic
« on: February 23, 2010, 07:27:47 AM »
"Americans spent an estimated $176 million on hair loss products last year. "  --   From an article on NYTimes website.    Think of all the good that could be done in the US if we spent that $176 million on job training, education, health care, elderly care, etc.   $176 million trying to regrow hair!   As one who contributed to that dollar amount - I can only say thank you to everyone on this board for helping me make the transition to sly.    I'm putting the $700/month that I was spending on "hair" towards my daughters education.

For those of you who haven't made the transition -- do it.   You'll look back and wonder why you agonized for so many years.  Just look at all the avatars of the guys on this board -- where else on the planet will you find a better looking bunch of guys?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Amazing statistic
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 07:46:49 AM »
Amazing post!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 08:04:55 AM »

I'm putting the $700/month that I was spending on "hair" towards my daughters education.

Now that's money well spent.  O0

Well done, Todd!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 08:27:13 AM »
Great find.  But the amount of money that is essentially stolen bc in the long term hair "restoration" can't be done, the treatments can scar, they can alter the natural hormones in the body and Lord only knows what else, but restore hair--no it can't be done.  Jesse James used a gun!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 09:26:33 AM »
Great find
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 10:11:02 AM »
I suspect that many of the people that spent money on these products couldn't really afford it..... thus making their lives even more difficult. This is one of those things that I just don't get...........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 12:50:33 PM »
And as more people begin to figure this out for themselves...the more and more will go SLY!!! O0