Author Topic: Tough Guy Reaction  (Read 44545 times)

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Tough Guy Reaction
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2007, 07:56:30 AM »
Since I starting shaving my head in late '06 there has been a few occasions where dudes will give me the once over when I walk into a bar or club or sometimes just walking down the street. Never had any of them try anything. I suspect it may have to do with my shaved head but not completley sure.

I never did anything to provoke them as I am not rather prone to violence and explore all available means to avert a fight or confrontation. But if the need arises you know.

Bald_freak

« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2007, 04:17:01 PM »
Many years ago when I was a bouncer in downtown Oakland, Ca.. I found buying a drink for the meanest bad dood was a good policy, I never had any problems with Somoians or bad azz guys after that, and when the fights broke out, I had plenty of back up  :x!

I've done security before. usaully when I hang out some where I'll talk shop and get in good with the bouncers so If a problem does occur I've got the "castle gaurd" on my side.

JohnMont

« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2007, 05:12:55 PM »

[/quote]

You're right about that.  I find that I dress differently than I used to, though.  I  used to wear a lot of polo shirts and khakis, and now I'm more of a jeans and T-shirt kind of guy.  The polo shirts and khakis don't seem to go as well with the bald head, for some reason.  Not sure why.
[/quote]

I tend to be pretty casual; jeans t shirts; ...  the other day; though I put on a crisp white dress shirt; it really set off the dome!   so; maybe a change is in order . ...

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2007, 05:42:36 AM »
Yeah a crisp freshly pressed white dress shirt and black slacks a with a razor sharp crease and shiny loafers is a good look for sly dudes.

I wear this ensemble every Monday at work.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2007, 05:58:52 AM »
I've come to the belief that is isn't WHAT we wear but HOW we wear it that comes out.  At a recent meeting at school wore a simple polo shirt, pressed jeans, and a tweed sport coat and got several compliments on appearance.  I think it is that confidence from being sly that comes out regardless of what we are wearing. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2007, 06:00:29 AM »
Well said Paul.

Always enjoy your posts.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2007, 06:02:12 AM »
Thanks bro..back at ya.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2007, 06:06:18 AM »
I've come to the belief that is isn't WHAT we wear but HOW we wear it that comes out.  At a recent meeting at school wore a simple polo shirt, pressed jeans, and a tweed sport coat and got several compliments on appearance.  I think it is that confidence from being sly that comes out regardless of what we are wearing. 

are you sure it wasn't leather pants you were wearing Paul?

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2007, 06:31:34 AM »
Yeah a crisp freshly pressed white dress shirt and black slacks a with a razor sharp crease and shiny loafers is a good look for sly dudes.

I wear this ensemble every Monday at work.

hehehe forgive the aussie, but someone is going to have to translate that into english for me. What are Slacks, and Loafers?

Out

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2007, 06:35:16 AM »

are you sure it wasn't leather pants you were wearing Paul?

Man, almost spilled my coffee on that one, made me think of the episode on Friends with Ross and the leather pants.  Nope bro, only leather here is for ridin'

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2007, 06:42:27 AM »
Out,slacks is another word for dress trousers usually worn with a semi casual business shirt.

Loafers can be any type of dress shoe

BALDANDRE

« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2007, 08:54:14 AM »
Hmmm, now that I think about it...I've never gotten the whole tough guy thing...must be the stupid puppy dog eyes...

oh well, I'll just make sure I have a lot of my fellow bald brothers behind me if I get in a scuff! ;)..

Now THAT would be intimidating! O0

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2007, 09:16:08 AM »
You're looking pretty tough in the new avatar Andre!  Maybe you should stand around the mall lookin like that, then you'd surely get some tough guy reactions. 8)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2007, 09:22:08 AM »
That new avatar is the confident look I was talkin' about Andre...awesome!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2007, 09:32:09 AM »
You're looking pretty tough in the new avatar Andre!  Maybe you should stand around the mall lookin like that, then you'd surely get some tough guy reactions. 8)

Likewise with yours brutha! O0 I think i gotta name you topdog for all your avatars...very inspiring to go the way of SLY , that's for sure! O0

Yea, nice thing about photos...you can pose a certain way or give a certain look...plus even if i could look tough on a daily basis....I'm a little dude....

and nothin' worse than a little dude with a tough guy attitude, i'm sure everyone has seen what i'm talkin' bout when I say that!

;)