Author Topic: Give the new guy some courage.  (Read 9998 times)

Offline FightFan

• Sly Jr.
Re: Give the new guy some courage.
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2010, 03:50:07 AM »
It has been a quick progression in less then a week I've gone from long comb forward gelled and hair sprayed and miserable to a 5 then 4 then 3 just this minute I shaved it to a #1. The slyness is calling me lol. But I have noticed I have 3 big moles on my head and a big scar I forgot about, that happened when I was a kid. so still unsure.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2010, 06:00:56 AM »
It has been a quick progression in less then a week I've gone from long comb forward gelled and hair sprayed and miserable to a 5 then 4 then 3 just this minute I shaved it to a #1. The slyness is calling me lol. But I have noticed I have 3 big moles on my head and a big scar I forgot about, that happened when I was a kid. so still unsure.

As a guy who has encountered skin problems in the form of basal cell carcinoma I would give advice to anyone who encounters a mole to have it checked by a dermatologist ASAP. If it's nothing but a mole you can get it removed and get on with your life. If it's more than that you have the advantage of having a doc look at it and do something about it before it becomes something more.

As far as the scars go that's a different story. I consider scars to be illustrations in the book that is the story of my life. Were I to not have any one of the several that I have would mean that an entire chapter of my book would not have occurred. I would not be the man that I am. This is not to say better or worse than but merely different. My scars are a part of who I am. And when I think back on the incidents that gave me the scars, painful as they may have been, I would vote to keep the experiences and the scars they brought. The experience, in each case, made me stronger than I would have been otherwise. The scars are the proof.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2010, 06:44:56 AM »

As a guy who has encountered skin problems in the form of basal cell carcinoma I would give advice to anyone who encounters a mole to have it checked by a dermatologist ASAP. If it's nothing but a mole you can get it removed and get on with your life. If it's more than that you have the advantage of having a doc look at it and do something about it before it becomes something more.
Budda has given you some good advice--I've had eight skin cancers, 3 of them squamous cell.  And, next Thursday they're removing a bunch of pre-cancerous lesions--point, w/ a shaved head these are easier to find a treat early.  Mostly their 99.9% curable--so get rid of them, have a nice dome and lose the tension.  Scars, well most people, guys in particular have them, many on their chins--little boys lead with their chins, don't they?  It's just proof you've had a life, and weren't a "china doll."

Offline FightFan

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 11:39:36 AM »
Thanks, I actually have a lot of moles so stay out of the sun, use sunscreen etc but I had most of them checked by my doctor last year and quite a few turned out to be warts that are brown and look like moles he said they were all fine just to watch for any changes. But I do keep a very close eye on them.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 12:53:19 PM »
I just did it and everyone got use  to it  - -it is what I wanted  - - - -everyone likes it now  - -  and it is a great look   - -SLY - - -- - - - -you can always let it grow back  - - 

Offline FightFan

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2010, 09:42:24 AM »
So I finally did it at first i thought i was a bit  :/O crazy to do it but how you think it looks I just took a quick pic not best quality but on a high at the minute. I managed not to cut up my head used a mach 3 wasnt the smoothest ride but with time i'll get better

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2010, 09:50:44 AM »
Looks good, I bet it feels great for you.  You moved fairly quickly--Note to Lurkers and Fencers--When you've got the itch, give it, it feels so damn good. 

FFan--remember 30 days! 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2010, 10:15:16 AM »
It looks great!  Congrats!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2010, 10:24:53 AM »
Really nice! Keep it sly 8)
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline slyry09

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2010, 10:25:32 AM »
It looks great, FF.

Offline FightFan

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2010, 11:56:57 AM »
Thanks for the support, you guys are great. My head isn't as smooth as I would like so may give it another pass over with the razor but my head is feeling really hot at the minute. Doing it has made my eyebrows look really bushy so gonna have to tend to them. Already had 1 compliment off a mate who said it suits me O0 and 1 comment from my mother how i'm going through a faze lol  ;D

Offline novaguy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2010, 01:49:01 PM »
Looks good.  My head felt really hot when I first shaved as well, especially the back.    It still sometimes gets hot but I haven' been shaving too long.

If the irritation persists I recommend you make some home made tend skin.   It really helps calm my skin irritations, redness and bumps.   The recipe is available on this site (asprin, witch hazel and iso alcohol), its cheap.

Enjoy the freedom...

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2010, 04:10:32 PM »
LOOKEN GOOD...fight fan! Welcome to SBG. If your into the UFC ... your not alone.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2010, 07:37:30 PM »
It looks awesome FF.   Welcome to freedom and the ability to focus on the more important things in life than worrying about how your hair looks.   Believe me you're going to have issues -- mainly issues over scheduling dates with the girls who absolutely love sly heads.    And for your former girlfriend -- good on ya mate for putting her in her place!   Trust me -- you're going to have access to more women now than when you had bad hair.   Just this week I had two close female friends come up to me and tell me that they hope that I never go back to hair and a hairpiece.   And these were two beautiful single gals.   

Offline Coltsfan73

• Sly
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »
Sorry to post a little late. Looks like it's been quite an ordeal but glad you finally took the plunge. The looks suits you completely man. You shouldn't worry at all. And you've already seen what a great group of guys the site offers.

So, be it late, Welcome!! Enjoy the site!!